CLARA

There was a knock on the door. "Clara, are you still sleeping? It's time to wake up," a female voice said from the other side of the door. The knocking continued. Clara Chan moved her head slightly and then rolled over to her side. She showed no sign of wanting to wake up. "That's it Clara, I'm coming in there." The door opened and a teenage girl wearing a school uniform walked in. She was short and slender with light brown hair. She walked over to Clara's bed. "Clara." She shook Clara's shoulder. Clara woke up and yawned. Her face looked miserable from being woken up. She slowly got up from the bed. Her hair was very frizzy.

"It's about time you woke up Clara, good morning." Clara looked at the girl. "Good morning Joan, I was so tired from the party last night." "I told you not to stay up so late when we have class the next day." "I know, I know. I was just having so much fun I didn't want to leave." Joan smiled. "I'm glad you had fun Clara, especially after all the work they've been giving us but, it's time for school again." Clara shook her head. "Don't remind me." Clara and Joan both laughed at the comment. Joan pulled out her phone and looked at the time. "We still have time to get something to eat before class," Joan said. "Oh good, I'll get ready right now." Joan got up and said, "I'll meet you on the balcony." "Okay Joan, see you later." Clara tapped Joan's shoulder. Joan walked out of Clara's room.

Clara sat on her bed and yawned. Clearly still sleepy. The morning sunlight was beginning to fill the room. Clara's room was organized with bookshelves, small HD television, video player, music player and thin laptop. The room was small, but Clara still felt comfortable living here. The walls had a few posters of her favorite singers.

Clara got up and walked over to the window. The sun was slowly rising from the vast mountains that extended as far as the eye could see. It was a clear day and the green hillside was as beautiful as a painting. Clara just stood at the window and took in the scenery. Clara never got tired of having an amazing view to wake up too.

After showering, Clara started to get dressed. She wore a blue button sweater with the school logo, grey plaid skirt, black knee-high socks, and patent shoes. After getting dressed, Clara walked over to the mirror and put on her makeup. Nothing too fancy, mostly just simple skin products and blue eye liner that made Clara feel prettier. She picked up her brush and give her hair a few strokes. Clara picked up a hair clip with a butterfly on it and clipped it to the right side of her hair. She quickly sprayed hair spray in her hair and then got up. Clara turned around one last time to see herself in the mirror. Clara smiled at her refection and then headed for the door.

Clara walked through the resident halls and greeted other students as they passed by. Door after door lined the long hallway which had dim lighting and carpet floors. Clara walked into the elevator and went up to the top floor. The top floor was a student lounge with students sitting at tables having drinks, or just studying. In front of Clara were the glass doors that lead to the balcony. Clara saw Joan facing forward with her arms on the rails. Clara walked towards the balcony doors.

Clara joined Joan at the edge of the balcony. Joan was just facing ahead admiring the Swiss mountains. Joan looked to Clara and smiled. "I never get tired of looking at this view," Joan said. "Me neither, Switzerland is such a beautiful country." "You're so lucky you grew up here Clara." Clara smiled and nodded.

Joan was an international student from the Philippines who arrived in Switzerland a year ago. She and Clara became best friends shortly after they met.

"You know there's a new student," Joan said. "Really?" "Yes, his name is Adrian and he's from China. His family owns one of the largest tech companies I think," Joan explained. "Okay...why are you telling me about him?" Clara asked. Joan giggled. "Because he's so cute and single." Clara opened her mouth in shock. "Are you trying to set me up?" Joan laughed. "Of course! You're sixteen Clara, it's time you had a boyfriend." Clara smiled and shook her head. "I don't know," Clara said. "He's single Clara but he won't be single for long. You should talk to him before another girl does." Clara nodded her head. "We'll see." "Come on, he might be in the dining hall," Joan said, putting her hand on Clara's shoulder to turn her around. Both girls headed away from the balcony in their matching uniforms.