three

He watches her running inside the kitchen as a whimper escape her lips while everyone else stayed rooted in their place.

"I won't ever forgive you both". Imaan said glaring at Hadiya and his friend then she pinned her hard eyes on his friend, "I swear if she suffers more then she already had because of you and hopefully when she decides to fight for herself. I promise you that I will stand against you unless you get me killed before that".

With that Imaan turns to leave but stopped in front of him looking at him cautiously, "I am sorry to ask this but can I please borrow your jacket?".

He didn't even ask her question nodding as he places his jacket in her hands watching her leave towards the kitchen.

"Ammi, can you go back home. I will come soon". He asked with underlying anger evident

His mother wanted to ask questions however she chooses to leave not wanting to pressure everyone with questions, for now.

He turns to glare at his friend, "Make sure you don't leave from here because you have some questions to answer and you better be here because if I found you gone. God forbid, I will find you and it won't end well".

After a clear warning, he marches towards the kitchen to find Imaan sitting down on the floor.

Zeenat hides under the table with her hand wrapped around herself not being able to stop the sounds and noises that were ringing in her head. She had been through things she had tried so hard to forget and the fact that one of the officers in jail was good enough to provide her with psychiatric help to improve her condition.

Imaan looks around panic because she cannot reach her and holding her would only be worse. She places the jacket over her because that is one way of preventing her from a near panic attack.

"We need to stop her or she has to be taken to hospital". Imaan said anxiously

"This had happened before?". He asked as he steps closer to find her shaking under the table

"Yes, once and it was bad". Imaan said remembering her hyperventilating to the point she wasn't able to breathe,"She has flashbacks of when she was in prison and the sounds at that time and it gets worse. We need to stop her".

"Can I?". He asked sincerely wanting to do something to ease her pain

Imaan nodded stepping aside and in a little distance.

"Zeenat". He said softly as he coaxed her to listen to him, "It's ok now. Look there is no one here who can hurt you".

When she didn't listen to him he went to open the fridge taking out of the desert he had made for her. He came back beside her sitting crisscross with the desert in his hand.

"I remember you saying you like this desert once. I was hoping to give it to you since you have been an amazing employee and an even more amazing person". He said chuckling a little

He watches her remove her jacket holding onto it tightly as her puffy eyes turn to look at him with uncertainty as she asks in a soft voice, "I am amazing?".

"More than words can ever say". He replied immediately with his voice filled with nothing but sincerity

"I have done an amazing job?". She asked innocently and he smiled nodding, "Then why do everyone hurt me?".

"Probably because they are jealous of you". He said as his heart clenched the way her face was covered in such immense pain and he promises that moment that he will be making things right now,"Good people are always crushed down by everyone because they wish to be like them but they know they can't be. So, instead they push them down, crush them and beat them so either they break down or become like them".