six

"P-Please, please listen to me. Please, I don't want this. I don't--". She whimper but her words were cut off when he throws her on the bed

It was the first night after the marriage.

"I don't care what you want. You have killed my mother and took her away from me and I will take everything away from you". He growled as he hovers over her removing her scarf

She fights against his chest trying to move away as he starts to remove her dress.

Then he slapped her.

She whispers like a lost child weeping for help. She soon realises she wasn't worth the fight. That no one will ever fight her and there is no use in fighting herself.

"You are cheap and I hate that I had to do this with you. I would have rather done it with anyone else besides someone as low as you". He said after he was done taking her chastity, "No one will ever desire to have a wife like you".

That's when her heart broke.

She screams opening her eyes as she looks around scared that he might come back from somewhere. Since Zain is not as powerful and influential as Ahad she always fears of him coming back to get her or much less kill her.

It's been two weeks.

In these two week, she had just gone to a psychiatrist because of her nightmares every single night that wouldn't let her sleep.

She was diagnosed with PTSD which causes her to have insomnia in the end. The doctor explained that being in an abusive relationship had caused her to have a long term effect on her mind and she had realised it too. She was always a sensitive girl who used to be treated in the same way. She lived through the years in prison with the hope that one day she might be free and will finally live her life.

However, Ahad entered at that route taking her off the ground and pushing her limits to the point that she finally broke down. She was numb to the pain and she had been cutting herself but she doesn't feel anything. She had been either feeling everything or nothing.

Those were also the signs of being in an abusive relationship.

Emotional imbalanced.

She is scared to watch Ahad face again and it haunts her at nights. She had started to feel like she doesn't belong in this world and everything is closing down on her. She looks at the blade in her hand ready to draw another line when a soft knock stopped her in her track.

She hides the blade away covering herself properly opening the door to reveal Zain standing there with a cup of coffee. Zain and his mother had taken care of her the most and she couldn't be thankful. They have stopped Ahad from coming in when he was pushing his way into the house a couple of days back. She was hyperventilating when she heard his voice and it was when Zain called her name was when she came back to her senses.

"Ji". She said confused as she takes the cup of coffee and it was still 2AM

"Mere sath aao gi?". He asked softly as he steps back waiting for her (will you come with me)

"I did something wrong?". She asked anxiously scared that she might get punished like Ahad used to do

"Nahi nahi. Ap kub kuch galat karti hain. Mai toh bus chahta tha k hum garden mai chalein". Zain said hurriedly before she starts to panic again (no-no. You never do anything wrong. I just wanted us to go to the garden)

He had seen her have a panic attack at a mere sound of his file dropping. Now that she was away from Ahad all the signs of withdrawal were starting to show obviously she used to be scared before but now she was terrified of everything.