seven

After 7 long chapters this comes to an end. :")

*****

"Who said you were ever on my list of chances?". She asked once she asked his mother to take her daughter after Zain already left without a word

Ahad eyes look at her pleading, "I can do anything. If I ever hit you then you can--".

"You are sick, Ahad". She said moving closer to him, "You are still not sure if you would hit me or not and you want me to come to you in those slime chances. Chances are earned and you lost it when you blackmailed me with your love. You don't love me you made me your obsession. Yes, that is our child and you have rights on her and I will never stop you to reach her after I am sure you are good for her at least. You never once respected me and never cared for my feelings. You brought a woman for me to look at while you pleasure yourself and you call that love?. That is a sickness that you need to treat. I will never come back to you and if you don't give me a divorce then I will be forced to tell the police about the abuse".

With that, she turns around leaving the place taking a taxi back to Zain's house. She enters inside hearing the cooing voice and she smiles when she finds Zain holding her daughter playing with her while her eyes were looking at him curiously.

"What would you name her?". Zain asked as he finds her walking in

"Amaal". She said taking her in her hands kissing her forehead, "She is my hope".

"I-I have something for you". Zain said as his cheeks turn a little pink and she hides her smile nodding

He passes her the stuffed toy she remembers she had told him that she loves but he said he couldn't get her.

She gasped, "How did you?".

He chuckles nervously, "I will tell you some other day. You should rest".

Obviously he wasn't going to confess that he had worked all these months to get this toy for her. He was actually bad at these games and it took long to win one.

"I will". She said softly, "Do you remember that house you told me about?".

"The cottage in the hill?. What about it?". He asked confused

"Please book it for me". She said sighing

Year later:

Amaal turned one.

She decided that she need to move away from that city to clear her head for once and for all. She cannot stay there while trying to move on from everything that happened there.

She was divorced.

It took a couple of months but at the end, she received the papers signed by him. He had gone in the hospital to seek help from a psychiatrist for his problems and she too continued to get help for her scars.

His problem was his problem alone. She doesn't need to stay and put up with him anymore when she wasn't the cause of his issues. He had used her and abused her in more than one way. Even if he had changed her heart would not stop bleeding in his presence. It's not about being a good woman to tolerate a man who had given her scars for life, no, we need to change that thinking.

The ratio of abuse is high in these past years and woman spends their whole lives for good for nothing husband wishing they will change.

They don't.

And even if they did that's good for them. It is not the responsibility of a woman to deal with man issues and vice versa. She came to build a home with him not to deal with his issues. If a woman after being raped or anything else, can look ahead and work to build a house with love and care so could the man but he chooses not to then there is no going back.