four

She turns around to find Zain and his mother looking at them shocked. She didn't even have time to react or think how to react as she stayed in her place expecting them to say something.

"Is it true?". His mother asked coming out of her shock

"I-I-". She started but being cut off by Imaan

"She will lie again. She will lie every single time. God!. I can't believe when you say you hate lying and then you continue to do so. Isn't that being hypocritic?". Imaan asked angrily shoving her back making her wince, "Do you know how many lives are connected with yours now?. Do you have any idea about how much of your life was taken from you by force?. I-I can't even imagine being in prison at the age you came in and so God save me from killing you just why in the world are you so damn on lying about everything?".

"What's the use now?". She asked as she raises her head looking at Imaan and her eyed blank, "What's the use when no one listened to me years back?. My years will never come back to me and that time will never come back. I have to move on with the unfairness that I had to bear and for those years I have locked away from the world I could sure as hell spend rest of the years in the same way".

"That some crap right there". Imaan said chuckling dryly, "You are just choosing the easy way out. You know fighting means that there will be many sacrifices and you actually have to fight head-on with people who did this to you so you are choosing the way that is easier".

Tears brimmed in her eyes as she was about to speak when his mother break if off asking to eat the breakfast which was filled with unanswered questions and unresolved feelings. After breakfast, they quietly leave for the carnival and she stops when they were at the entrance watching the beautiful view in front of her.

The sounds of laughter and the rides going around. The place was buzzing with people and as she finds the game she had once played with her mother. She squeals happily running inside with the wide childlike grin on her face as she tries to grasp everything around her. It's been so long since she had seen or felt free and the happiness knew no bound. The trio (Zain, his mother and Imaan) follows behind her as she becomes a chatterbox who wouldn't stop telling about her experience with her mother or wanting to look at everything around.

Zain chuckle watching as she pauses and his mother and Imaan went to buy themselves a drink while she was busy admiring the ride in front of her which goes up and down. For him to always witness this since his mother always dragged him here each year it wasn't that exciting but to find her hand clasped together as she beams when the ride move around made his heart warm at the pure shine in her eyes.

She resembles a child who was locked in an adult body.

Perhaps, she was one.

The words of confession from earlier made him realise that indeed she was scared of freedom as much as she craves it. He was still in shock of knowing such a piece of news and to think that she was wrongly accused however he knows if she doesn't fight, he will for her sake. Because she never deserved this from the very beginning and justice needs to be served either in a good way or he sure can turn into a demon if he had to, for her.

Because in these past almost three months his eyes had followed her around and by that, he means he was always drawn towards her in some ways. He had, of course, respected her distance and never actually exchange a word however his heart always craved a look at her. He had inhaled her rich scent at many times passing by and her sweet smiles that linger in his mind at all times. Those dreams he had started to dream which were forbidden for him.

"Can I please buy a candy?". She asked innocently looking at him that his heart thunder looking in her beautiful eyes that held so much purity

"Sure. But today is your day so I will be the one buying". He said heading to the stall with her following close by