Part 26 - Suppressant

September 6th, it's Sunday which was good for Takuya as Mitsuru had asked him to accompany her to the hospital where Chidori was being kept. Upon entering the room, the two saw the girl sitting up in her room's bed drawing in a sketchbook.

"Alright, I have questions for you." Mitsuru said deciding not to waste time "Is Chidori your real name?" she asked, Chidori stayed silent and continued to draw. "Alright..." Mitsuru said slightly annoyed "What is Strega's end goal?" but still, Chidori remained silent. "I don't think she's gonna start talking." Takuya groaned out.

"Junpei!" Yukari's voice called out, suddenly the door to the room opened with a loud slam as Junpei came running into the room.

"I'm sorry..." Yukari apologized as she came in "...He wouldn't stop bothering me about this place." "Don't worry about it." Takuya spoke up "You tried."

"Chidori....are you alright?" Junpei asked "You seem to be calm but..."

"Oh she's calm alright, so calm in fact that she isn't saying a word." Takuya quipped.

"Maybe we should confiscate her sketchbook." Mitsuru suggested. "Hey, wait a minute! What good will that do?!" Junpei protested "No point in that."

"I'm not so sure...." Mitsuru replied "...She was very upset when we took her evoker."

"Give her back to me! Give her back to me right this moment!" Chidori shouted which shook the whole room since she hadn't said a single word until this point.

"Look at that, you got her to speak. Nice one, Princess." Takuya said with a chuckle.

"It's not funny!" Junpei argued. "This is getting us nowhere, we'll just have to get someone else to try and get something out of her." Mitsuru huffed as she left frustrated, Takuya followed her leaving Junpei and Yukari in the room with Chidori.

"Come on Junpei, let's go...." Yukari said as she tugged on Junpei's arm but he wouldn't move. "Just...gimme a bit...." Junpei said dejected, Yukari knew she wouldn't get anywhere so she just left.

Meanwhile, at the ramen place Hagakure, Shinjiro was having a meal with Miyuki. At first he was hesitant but she insisted and even offered to pay. An offer he refused feeling obligated to pay but it convinced him she was deadset on spending a day with him so he obliged.

"Sorry...I don't know many places to eat." Shinjiro said as the two sat at a table waiting for their food, this caused Miyuki to tiled her head confused "Why are you apologizing?" she questioned. "It's....nothing." Shinji responded sheepishly.

"Okay." Miyuki responded, at that moment a waitress came with their food. She sat the bowls down in front of them, Miyuki thanked her, and she left the two alone to eat. As they began eating, Shinji exclaimed a quiet "Ow." as he took the first sip of his soup.

"Is it too hot?" Miyuki asked with concern. "No..." Shinji responded "I forgot I cut the inside of my mouth." "How'd that happen?" Miyuki questioned.

"Oh, I got in a fight with Akihiko....one good punch from that guy can do a lot worse to be honest..." Shinjiro explained "...Still, wish he'd realize how good his punches can be." this explanation made Miyuki giggle which caused Shinji to chuckle a little as well.

"Were you two training?" Miyuki asked "I know Takuya trains with him from time to time." she added, this information wasn't exactly what Shinji expected.

"No...I may or may not have made a comment or two about how reckless he can be and that may or may not have led to him punching me in the face to prove a point.." Shinjiro informed with a weak smile "...when we were kids, he did the same to me with the same result." he began to laugh nostalgically "...couldn't eat for quite a while after that..."