Part 32 - Resolve

October 7th

Early that morning, Miyuki was awake, her entire sleep schedule had been destroyed by her constant on-again off-again sleeping habits that had started as a side-effect of not doing anything else and bursting into entire sobbing sessions during the past few days.

"Can you believe it's already Autumn?" Alexandria's voice said, Miyuki pulled her head up from her pillow and looked up at her friend "At this rate, it'll be winter before too much longer." the little girl took notice of her older friend's worn-out expression and red face. "What's wrong, Miyuki? You look dreadful." she asked.

"I...I lost someone." Miyuki answered, her voice was tired and distraught.

"Is that so?" Alexandria asked, she then turned away from the sad teen and looked up at the ceiling "In this world, people die every day...don't they?" she inquired.

"It still hurts..." Miyuki replied back.

"Until recently, I thought of people dying as just a fact of life...much like the wind blowing or the sun rising, but lately it's become something more to me..." Alexandria spoke "...I think that is because I now have a friend." she looked up at Miyuki and the two girls stared at one another for a moment.

"You know the end I've spoken of before? Some people call it The Fall, but I feel it drawing closer...do you feel it as well?" Alexandria asked.

"I'm sorry....I haven't." Miyuki answered before retreating back to her pillow.

"I don't understand much, my identity is something that slowly comes to me as the months pass...." Alexandria said "...but I feel like...your pain is great, I will visit you again..." with that the little girl disappeared leaving Miyuki alone once again.

After a few minutes of silence in her dark room, she heard a knock at her door like the previous mornings.

"Miyuki, please come out." Takuya said from the other side "You can't keep cutting class like this." "Go away!" Miyuki shouted back.

On the other side of the door, Takuya stood in the hallway once again disheartened by his sister's rejection.

"What she say?" Yukari asked as she walked over to the blue-haired boy, he let out a sigh in response "No good, she still won't come out." in response to his response, the pink-clad girl lightly pushed him to the side and knocked on the girl's door herself.

"Miyu? It's Yukari." she said from behind the closed door "Can I come in?" there was a moment of silence, the two teens standing in the hallway had no idea what to do next when they suddenly heard the door unlock.

"Well...here goes nothing...." Yukari said nervously before opening the door and leaving Takuya out in the hall by himself, he heard the door lock after she entered and he decided he had no choice but to go to school while Yukari dealt with Miyuki.

Inside her room, Yukari took note that the lights were not on and Miyuki looked disheveled and unkempt which made sense as she hadn't left her room since the night of Shinjiro's death.

"Miyu, we need to talk." Yukari said as she walked over to Miyuki's bed and sat on it, she pat down a spot on the bed next to her which Miyuki understood as an invitation to sit next to her. It was an invitation she accepted quietly as she sat down next to her friend.

"I know..." Miyuki spoke "...I can't keep myself locked up forever, I know that..."

"I wasn't going to say that." Yukari replied "I know how you feel, when my father died I was a wreck." she placed her hand on her friend's back "I still haven't gotten over his death...I still have this letter he wrote me, I've never let go of him." Miyuki looked up at Yukari, the two locked eyes and Yukari could see how tired and worn out her friend's eyes were.