Part 38 - Inevitable

November 30th, Takuya returned home that evening to see the lounge area populated with the usual suspects. Akihiko, Junpei, Fuuka, Yukari, and Miyuki were all sitting around the lounge area of the dorm building, even Koromaru was there sitting in Fuuka's lap, but what caught the blue-haired teen off guard was that both Ryoji and Ryoko were there as well.

"See ya later, you two." Junpei said with a chipper tone in his voice, Takuya had to admit he was glad to see the scruffy teen back to his usual happy attitude after the other day, Ryoji stood up from his seat with his sister following closely behind. "Now stop freaking out about exams, Ryoji. I don't study either."

"Don't worry about him, he's got Miyuki-chan helping him now." Ryoko teased, she then turned as she finally noticed Takuya had entered the building "Hello there, handsome." she greeted him "Here to study too? Too bad I was just about to leave, maybe next time."

"You know, sis...it's weird that we're here quite a lot but almost never run into Takuya-kun." Ryoji chimed in. "Perhaps he's avoiding you, sister?" he added with a chuckle, Ryoko growled in response and hit her brother with a quick elbow strike.

"Takuya wouldn't do that, he's just busy." Miyuki replied with a playful giggle. "How's your friend doing by the way?"

"Kamiki's doing as good as he normally is." Takuya answered as he slumped his bag next to one of the couches "I picked you up a soda by the way." he added before tossing the colorful metal can to his sister who caught it without missing a beat, she looked over the can before placing it on the table so it could relax a little before she opened it.

"Anyway, we should get going." Ryoji said "See you all later."

"Hope to see you again real soon, Tiger." Ryoko added with a purr before she and her brother left, Takuya let out an exhausted groan once the two were gone.

"Wow, Takuya-kun. What did you do to get on her good side?" Fuuka asked.

"I have no clue and honestly I'm afraid to ask." he answered as he sat himself down on the couch next to Yukari. "That girl needs to chill." he added with a groan, as he said that Aigis came downstairs. "What girl?" she asked as she approached the others.

"Ryoko-chan." Fuuka answered, the blonde robot's face shifted to a look of stern aggression. "That girl is dangerous." she informed her human friends.

"Don't I know it..." Takuya complained. "Girl is obsessed with me or something."

"Dude, a lot of the weird girls are like drawn to you." Junpei said.

"You calling Mitsuru weird or something?" Takuya questioned.

"Of course not, dude." Junpei replied "She's scary but she ain't weird, well not in the same way Aigis or Ryoko are anyway."

"If being flirty makes her dangerous, then her brother's just as dangerous since he hit on Mitsuru-senpai the first time he spoke to her." Yukari added.

"He did what now?" Takuya questioned "That sly son of a bitch." he muttered.

"Seriously?" Akihiko asked astonished "Didn't know he was like that."

"That being said, the two seem nice enough." Fuuka chimed in "Plus Ryoji's been doing wonders for Junpei-kun's mood."

"Well...It's not like moping around will bring her back anyway, I gotta get back on the horse and keep on moving." Junpei replied "I gotta just keep living."

"I envy you, Junpei." Aigis said, everyone turned to look at her in response "I am a machine so I do not know what it is like to live."

"Don't talk about yourself like that, Ai-chan!" Miyuki exclaimed as she stood up from her seat and slammed her hand against the surface of the table in front of her.