if we go, we go together

part i

It came to her in a dream

As cliché as that always sounded in books, she could genuinely say that her dream inspired the entire plan of attack for the mission she'd been puzzling through with the lads over the last couple of days. They were trying to get into a secure research facility in Budapest where research on new bioweapons was apparently being conducted, according to one of Zayn's CIs. There was important government research that was also being conducted at the facility so there was a heavy security presence and very few ways to safely and covertly enter the premises. The Hungarian government had refused to believe any claims about dual research being conducted, claiming it was attempts by the Brits to steal their research, so they were forced to think of alternate ways to get into the building.

It had stumped all of them for days but, after the vivid dream Piper had, things were starting to look up. Her unconscious mind was a truly remarkable place when it was given a time to flourish. Thank god for her crazy brain.

The moment she was fully awake, Piper tossed off the duvet and leapt out of bed. Harry had always been an early riser but was especially prone to early mornings when he was trying to figure out a problem. Despite the fact that the clock read barely 8:30 on a Saturday morning, she knew she would find him in his study, probably reviewing building schematics wearing that adorable little pout of his.

She thundered down the stairs as she bellowed out "Harry!" repeatedly, giving him a warning before she burst into the study. She sprinted right down the hall and skidded to a stop in front of the study door, her socks sliding against the polished hardwood. She didn't bother knocking before she threw open the door and stomped her way in.

"Harry, I've got it!"

He looked up startled from where he'd been hunched over his desk, squinting at the screen of his laptop. When he got sight of her, his eyes widened and his mouth dropped open. Before he could form the words that were waiting on his lips, she cut him off.

"I've come up with the perfect idea for how we're going to get into the factory," Piper told him. "So, picture this — the factory is on the edge of the Danube just outside of Budapest right? So there must be a drainage system underneath the factory going into the river because all those old factories have drainage systems. I haven't looked at the schematics but I'd bet you that there's a tunnel system at the very least that could get us in."

"Petal —"

"So we send someone into the tunnels with some sort of explosive to get into the factory in a safe spot and then that person can go to wherever they have their security base and can take all the cameras and alarms offline so that a team can get in and get the job done."

"Petal —"

"Isn't that perfect? Can't claim all the credit because it came to me in a dream. Then again, my neurons produced the dream which is producing the idea so I guess I can still take credit. Wow, I just can't believe none of us thought of it before, what with the factory being so close to the river and with all of these old European cities having the wide sewer systems and everything —"