harry taught her to drive other things, and the one time it was actually a car

the five times that Harry taught her how to drive other things, and the one time it was actually a car

1. A Boat

The sun was hot on Piper's skin as she lounged back on the bow of the boat, the fresh mist blown up from the water drifting lightly over her skin. She was wearing about ten layers of sunscreen so there was no chance of a tan in her future (she didn't tan anyways) but the warm sun felt so nice on her skin. She considered just stripping down all the way to get the full effect but she'd heard boats passing by and she wasn't up for giving anyone a free show.

"Petal, you awake?"

"Hmm," she hummed in Harry's general direction behind her.

"I need you to come here."

"No," she whined. "I'm staying here."

"Please Piper."

She couldn't ever say no when he said please. She rolled over, pushing herself up on the bow and walking on shaky legs to the deck where Harry was standing behind the wheel, looking absolutely gorgeous. Unlike her, he tanned nicely and they were two days into their trip meaning he was getting nice and golden. His curls were pulled back into a bun and he was wearing a pair of sunglasses. With his swim shorts hanging obscenely off his hips, he looked good enough to eat.

"What do you need, Harry?" she asked as she sauntered over, making sure to swing her hips teasingly. Harry wrapped his arm around her waist when she was within range and yanked her close, kissing her jaw until she giggled and pushed him away.

"Can you watch the boat?" he asked once he'd pulled back, his arm loosening. "I need a wee."

"What do you mean watch the boat?" Piper's voice was high pitched and frantic as she eyed the wheel and then the water in front of them. The boat was moving at a steady speed, sending water rolling off it's front end and swishing waves along its sides. "Do you mean drive? I can't do that!"

"It's like driving a car," Harry said calmly as if that was supposed to help.

"I can't drive a car either," she reminded him.

"Yeah, we really should fix that," he muttered to himself before forcefully taking her by the hips and angling her in front of the wheel in his place. When he took his hand from the wheel, she jerked her hand out to catch it before something crazy happened. She wasn't taking any chances. "See, look," Harry said with amusement in his tone, "first step done already. Now all you have to do is make sure the wheel is steady and that you don't hit anything."

When he took a step back, Piper tilted her head in his direction but kept her eyes on the water in front of her. "Don't you dare go away! What about the speed? How do I brake?"

"You don't brake and the speed is set. Your only job is to make sure the boat stays on course, okay? You can do this." Before she could tell him that she absolutely bloody could not do this, he'd jogged off, headed for the stairs to the lower level.

"Harry? Harry! You fucking wanker, don't leave me here alone!" She tightened both hands around the wheel and scanned the water in front of them. It looked clear but she stayed vigilant because danger could be lurking anywhere.

By the time Harry's arms wrapped around her waist, she was tensed all over her body and she'd worked herself up into a frantic mess. "See?" Harry murmured into her ear as he pressed his lips to her neck. "Easy as pie."

"I'm breaking up with you right now," she told him, her voice still a panicked whine. "I'm literally breaking up with you because of this."

"No, you're not," Harry chuckled against her skin. "Now why don't you go back to your sunning. I quite like the view from back here."