Manan Marriage (part 1)

Happy reading guys-❤️

So a big day have come for our own manan....

"Chooda rasam" ...

This ceremony is held on the morning of the wedding day at the bride's place.

What is a Chooda?

Chooda means a set of bangles, traditionally means a set of 21 bangles in red and white/ ivory. Earlier chooda was made with haathidaant (elephant tusks) but now they are made from plastic.

Why it is worn??

Chooda is said to bring good luck for the newlyweds. Also, red is a very important colour for a married woman in India as it strengthens the bond between a couple. Fertility and prosperity are also associated with the chooda, and it is worn for a minimum period of 40 days and maximum for 1.5 years after the wedding.

So let's start the ceremony..😃..

...On the wedding morning, after Nandani took her bath known as " Khaare Laana", she got ready in....

On the wedding morning, after Nandani took her bath known as " Khaare Laana", she got ready in

Manik

Manik....

Nandini came and sat on this beautiful swing...

The chooda is put on a bride's wrist by the mama "Maternal Uncle"

The chooda is put on a bride's wrist by the mama "Maternal Uncle".... As Nandini don't have any maternal uncle... so Abhimanyu and Kabir gonna make her wear the chooda... The bride is not allowed to see her chooda before marriage...so Mukti blind folded her....They say if you see your chooda before the wedding it is inauspicious. So after the chooda is put, it is covered with a cloth.... Navya put the chooda into "Kachhi Lassi" ( mixing milk and water together), yes not only milk but milk and water. Then Kabir started making Nandini wear chooda in her left hand... And Abhimanyu in her right hand...