Chapter One

Her Final Wish - Chapter One 

Dear Diary,

Back in the hospital it is.

Constant treatments.

Constant nagging.

Constant tests and procedures.

I'm only 16. I shouldn't have to do all of this. My parents shouldn't have to do all of this.

Time to go. Apparently, I have a 'quick' test today.

I'll leave you with this:

Why me?

Love,

Hailey

Hailey slipped out of the thin sheets and shivered as her feet hit the cold tile. It's only been one day. Not even a full 24 hours, actually. And about five more minutes until they would take some of her blood and run it through a bunch of machines. 

She was sick of this. She's done it before and she doesn't want to go through that ever again. She spent six months of her life locked in a hospital where she only had one friend. One person who understood exactly what she was going through.

McKenzie.

But McKenzie had died two months before Hailey left the hospital. She was lost and upset, with no one to turn to.

It's not like she could tell her parents how scared she was, how awful she felt. That would just worry them even more. 

The door creaked and a thin woman with light hair walked in, "Hailey, it's time for your blood test. Hop into this chair and we'll head to the room." Her smile was sweet and genuine, something she wasn't used to.

What she was used to, was a sickly fake smile. One that said 'I'm sorry you have to go through this, but I'm just glad it isn't me.' That's all she ever saw last time she was here. 

White walls. Hospital beds. Sick people. People dying. People crying. It was never very happy around here, up until the day she left. 

-:--:--:-

Hailey lay on her bed, staring blankly at the tv in front of her. Her mum was sitting in the corner, trying to smile, but it was forced. So instead of listen to her mother sigh and whimper, she plugged in her headphones and played the songs on her iPod.

She flicked through songs until she came across one that had a special meaning to her. One that helped her smile when all was sad. It helped her get over McKenzie's death and her own Cancer. It made her happy and she would always sing along, no matter how awful she thought her voice was.

And then, it all clicked.

She ripped out her headphones in one quick motion, attracting her mother's attention. "Mum, I know what I want to wish for.."

"What is it Hailey?" Her mother flashed a small sad smile. 

"I want to meet One Direction. Please?"

"Are you sure that's what you want? We can't change it.." She stared at her daughter, looking into her eyes, trying to keep herself together.

"Yes, more than anything."

---------------

A/N: This story is no longer on hold, yay (: Thank you for reading this, it means a lot. Sorry, it's short! I have a few ideas for this and I'm hoping it goes as well as it is in my head. Let me know what you think please? 

-Chelsea.