2.

Thank you all for the kind support on this novel already! 

Enjoy the second chapter!

Love, Laya.

-

Lord Tewkesbury watched and waited patiently for his elders to exit. Sibyl was indeed correct in her thinking and assumption that being the youngest would make him the last to exit. He stood with his hands neatly placed behind his back, but this polite act did not out shine the fact his patience was wearing thin. This was showed by his uneven breaths and flickering glances to the men who remained in the room. He didn't want to be in this room any longer then was necessary, it was filled with all of his nerves as he longed for some fresh air.

Sibyl stood delicately light on her feet, making as little noise as possible from the small cramped corridor. Her eyes roamed the senior men as the exited, her eyes fixated for a dashing lot of brunette hair, so far all she saw was grey. In the waiting time she was provided she had tried to form the perfect words to confront the young Lord with; but she had no such luck in conjuring any.; Therefore she clung to the narrative that the best words to echo from your lips come in the moment.

To her slight surprise she found herself touching up her hair, sensing the moment was nearing, she put it down to nerves of her own, nothing more nor less. She creeped forward ever so gently to try and peek around the corridors corner; she would hate to miss her chance.

The young Lords turn had finally arrived to exit the room he so desperately yearned to escape. He didn't waste any time in making his way to the door, feeling a wave of relief wash over him as the fresh air enclosed his body. He walked slowly eyes closing with joy as he felt his lungs being filled with the calming air. Nobody was around - or so he thought- therefore he could be as weird and unusual as he pleased.

He moved a few steps further forward before deciding to just take a moment to breathe. Coincidently, he stopped only a few feet away from Sibyl and her hiding spot making her job, far  easier then she first imagined. However, she did waste a moment just gazing at him, her eyebrows furrowed at his eye closed and relaxed posture, looking as if he was sacrificing himself to the sun above. Sibyl resisted the urge to let a laugh slip her lip otherwise he'd run before she could even lift her hand to her mouth to cover the action.

She inched out carefully and sucked in a sharp breath before taking her dainty fingers and grasping his shirt. Tewkesbury eyes snapped open and the nerves flooded back along with fear sweltering around him. This of course was not the first time someone had gripped his shirt in such a manner but what alarmed him was he had not a single idea whose hands they were.

He wanted to yell and call for the guards but the brief glances to the figure before his back was pressed against a cold stone wall stopped him. The hand were so much smaller, too small to be a mans, a fluttering delicacy enclosed in them as they balled his shirt between their fingers. A strong grip nevertheless, he would never underestimate a person which grabbed him and forced him against the wall. The blonde strands which looked like silk whipped over a shoulder and finally, the captivating aster blue eyes which were locked with his in the cold room earlier.

Sibyl kept a weary eye on his posture which was relaxing with every simple glance at her presence. She found herself letting go of his shirt a small blush rushing to her cheeks at his day-dreaming gaze. Sibyl didn't like blushing, it was something in her eye which seemed vulnerable. She ducked her head to make sure he wouldn't see the vulnerable nature which consumed for only a short moment. Tewkesbury eyes roamed the dusty corridor, it was cramped, dark and the perfect hiding place; Sibyl seemed to have been waiting a while seeing as he was the last to leave. He sensed if he moved one inch that Sibyl would be the one pressed into the wall at how tight the space was, henceforth he stayed with his back pressed into the stone.