6

Sibyl stepped up the steps slowly, exhaling harshly every time her foot hit the pavement, not because of pain but because of her nerves.

She was nervous at how her mother would react to

one; being burned

two; looking rather tussled

three; the fact she brought home a boy

Tewkesbury trailed behind still a little breathless from her reply. Her reply undoubtedly stunned him, she was a forward person but she was also well guarded when it came to her emotions. Therefore hinting that in time they may have a chance at something was making his head go foggy with giddiness.

His eyes were focused on the blonde hair which dangled and looked ever-so-slightly out of place from the back of her head. He still could see the stem of the forget-me-not which was tangled up in the strands, oh how he longed to place it in her hair himself, to feel the silky strands run through his own fingers.

His attention was soon diverted to another blonde figure as he reached the top of the steps. The way she stood, demanding, polite and poised, was the first telling sign that she was Sibyl's mother. Followed by her delicate facial features such as her cheek bones, small smile and same shaped nose but she however didn't have those striking aster eyes which Sibyl had and Tewkesbury adored.

Sibyl stood hushly speaking to her mother in the corner as she waited for Tewkesbury to make his appearance. Her mother looked her up and down taking in her own appearance, her face drained of color at how disheveled Sibyl was.

"What in the name of the Lord happened to you?" She exclaimed completely bewildered at how her daughter looked. Hair falling out from it's __ state, dress dirty at the bottom and creased at what seemed like every point. Sibyl lowered her own eyes as she ducked her head already feeling the disappointment her mother was currently consumed with.

"Oh dear" was all she said before gripping Sibyl's arm gently and pulling her into the manor and towards the wash room. Sibyl tried to protest as her mother didn't even notice Tewkesbury's looming presence at the top of the stairs, who was now alone in the manors entrance.

"I instructed you to be a Lady and you return looking like a rag doll" she muttered grouchily with a heavy sigh falling from her lips. Sibyl didn't reply as she felt it would only make matters worse, she didn't want that. Her mother fiddled her fingers through Sibyl's hair and pulled it down from it's disheveled state into it's lushcious strands flowing like a waterfall over her shoulder.

"Mother, the floor was dusty" Sibyl began to plead her part to her mother as she bent down to inspect the bottom of Sibyl's golden dress which was now tinted gray. Sibyl's eyes were adoringly wide but her mother seemed to ignore every word which bounced off of her lips.

"and there was dancing .. so of course we engaged in the act" Sibyl breathed feeling her lungs cave in on themselves as a lump formed in her throat watching how her mother lifted her head, eyes curious, excited and intrigued. Sibyl hasn't had much of a love life, actually it was rather non-existent, so for her mother to hear the news that he daughter danced with a boy was something which made her exhilerated.

Sibyl's mother stood up as the bottom of Sibyl's dress fell away from her finger before she noticed the burns on her legs. Her hands outstretched to Sibyl's shoulders as a magnificent smile was painted over her face.

Whilst Sibyl was now getting a small lecture on her state, Tewkesbury was allowed into the manor by the waiting staff. The manor was everything he envisioned in Sibyl, bright and delicate with the artistry of flowers, family portraits and landscapes, feminine but strong-willed in it's upholstery and detailed carvings in the wooden pieces. The ceilings high just like Sibyls respect for not only herself but the people around her.