5

Holy Smokes!!
900 reads...
60 votes...
Imma cry now
Thank you so so so much!!
Now here is the long a waited update!
I haven't had the best of times so writing had not been top priority lately!
More will be coming soon!!
- Laya

-

Tewkesbury slowly strolled around to behind the chair which Sibyl - who was a little confused as to what he was doing - was sitting on. His breathing was deep and slow; he could already assume Sibyl would rip her hand from his surprising grasp as soon as she felt it.

Two maids carried a rather large metal bucket of cold water and placed it on the floor in front of Sibyl's legs. Sibyl wiggled her toes against the flat floor with nerves flooding her stomach like an over flowing sink. She knew there would be pain before healing and pain in healing but she couldn't deny the fact she didn't want to go through with it. Who would when they knew it would hurt?

Tewkesbury watched for a moment before flickering his eyes away as she grabbed the hem of her dress and reeled it up in preparation. She leaned back and he could vividly hear the anxious sigh fall from her lips. Sibyl could feel Tewkesbury's fingers subconsciously grip the back of the chair due to the fact his knuckles grazed over her shoulder blades. This distracted her for a moment at how nervous he seemed; Sibyl wanted to look back at him, see the small bead of sweat on his forehead, slightly flushed cheeks and sleek hair now a little tussled.

She lifted her foot and slowly slid it into the water as an uncomfortable sensation rose as the water enclosed on the burns. Sibyl squeezed her eyes closed and her nose scrunched as she dipped her other foot in. Tewkesbury took this moment to glide his hand off the chair and down into her tenderly warm palm. He swiftly intertwined his rough fingers with her smooth ones.

Tewkesbury eyed Sibyl carefully watching for any change in emotion or mood which reflected negatively. It seemed as if Sibyl hadn't noticed; her facial expression didn't change, it was still pained but undoubtedly cute; Tewkesbury thought.
Although Sibyl had noticed, how could she not! How could she not notice his textured fingers skimming across her palm before entwining their fingers together. Her stomach was now double-booked with nerves and butterflies, wanting to rip her hand from his at how swooned she seemed to be. She couldn't deny that her heart was now racing in her chest and that her breaths were uneven. Which was not just from the stinging sensation of pain her legs felt. She tried to platonically view it as a simple kind gesture. She wasn't ready, prepared, too independent, strong-minded to collapse into society's romantic rituals just yet.
Not to mention she hardly knew anything about Tewkesbury for it to be romantic this early on; at least that's how she reassured herself. It was just a comforting holding of hands.

Nevertheless she gave his hand a small squeeze as an painful hum quivered on her lips for a moment. The water was delving into the burns on her legs and feet to the point where she wondered if this was all worth it. Tewkesbury felt a shiver crawl over his arm when he felt her fingers give his hand a small squeeze. Her eyes were still shut and didn't dare open but he could see the faint tint of red on her cheeks, but that could just be her make-up or the cold temperature she was now experiencing.

Awhile had past and the water soaking around Sibyl's legs grew comfortable; the pain melting away. She sighed at the heavenly feeling and relaxed her back into the chair. Her eyes were still not daring to open as she thoughtlessly wiggled her fingers in Tewkesbury grip.

Tewkesbury felt the small tickling of her wiggling fingers in his as a small — almost smug — grin spread across his face. He enjoyed the fact she was no longer in pain from the cool water but also how she had relaxed and eased herself surrounding her hand being in his.