3.

Thank you for 142 reads and 15 votes already! 

It is simply outstanding and I love that you all seem to enjoy my writing.

Love, Laya.

-

Sibyl stood in her grand bedroom in front of a rather large full length mirror. She didn't see the need to have such a large mirror taking up space in her bedroom; if she wanted to see the shoes which hardly showed under her dress she'd simply stand on the bed; but only when her mother was out of sight. Otherwise she feared for her life, as a 'lady should never do a such thing' her mother would say.

She admired the reflection she saw even if it was 'amplified' by the corset and waist enhancers. The things she must do to impress her elders was ebbing away at her but she tried to repress the feeling. Corsets seemed restricting and felt restricting around her torso and chest, although it would help show them that she was indeed no little girl. The thought of older men starring her down did make her uncomfortable but how else would they stop calling her girl, when she was clearly a woman.

Her dress had a circle neckline, well more like chest line. It did show her female body slightly but it was not too low to be seen as scandalous and not too high to seem prude. She knew that if she was to lean forward nothing drastic would show other then the outline. She partially knew this because she had tested the theory in her abnormally large mirror.

Her dress formed in a golden pattern which was tight all the way down to her waist before it fanned out much further then her day dress had. She hoped it would be an inconvenience when she danced, but then again all women's dresses were like this so it should not be unusual.
The dress complimented her darling blonde hair which had been pinned back into a elegant bun with a few strand framing her face.

She did have lightest of make up on her face to which her mother stated 'it is to highlight those beautiful features even more'. To which Sibyl thought ' if they were so beautiful why need to enhance them?' but she didn't dare talk back to her own mother.

Sibyl exited her bedroom and strutted with poise down the hallway to where her mother would no doubt be waiting to send her off. Of course, she was right and meet with her mothers beaming smile.

"My darling, you look absolutely stunning" she cooed and started to fiddle with invisible problems as mother's do. Sibyl allowed a kind smile to slide onto her face at her mother's calm demeanor and how she hadn't rolled through a list of rules.

Her mother pulled back when she heard the footmen from the carriage approaching the room with there loud thudding steps. Lady Lloyd's smile faded as she grew more serious and with this stern look so did Sibyls.

"Do not speak out of turn, do not walk into anyone and do not ask to dance, be asked. When you shoulders and neck tire which they will, keep that head held high. I also must ask you to not be seen blushing like a little girl; you are a respectable young lady and no man wants a blushing little girl" she rambled as Sibyl stood a little higher feeling the weight of expectations crowd around her once more. This was more like her mother; she was foolish to think she would leave without a talking to.

Sibyl nodded seriously back confirming her understanding of her mothers wishes, before she was ushered out to her carriage. As soon as the carriage was out of sight Sibyl - very unladylike of her - slumped in her seat as she waited for the carriage to take her  to the House of Lords.

Tewkesbury waited off to the side of the building wringing his hands together in the process. He hated to admit it but this was the first time he would escort a Lady to a banquet; in turn he was feeling rather nervous. The crisp air was helping to stop him from sweating through his shirt as the time grew closer to when the banquet should start. He saw the Lords and their wives, girlfriends or even brothers enter together seeming as calm as ever which just made the coil of nerves in his stomach double. How could they all be so calm when they are about to attend such a prestigious event? he thought.