8. beautiful mind

But seriously.. What the fuck just happened?

__

The sunlight peered through the partially closed curtains, drifting across your light bedsheets and comforter. Your half-open eyes wandered up to the usually empty side of the bed, which wasn't so empty this morning.

Spencer slept quietly, facing away from you..

Spencer.

Shirtless.

In your bed?

Were you hallucinating? What the-

Your thoughts were interrupted by a soft grumble. His body shifted, and he rolled over, his eyes still closed.

He really slept with you.

Proof that it wasn't a dream?

You sighed quietly and pushed the sheets from your bare legs. There were light purple bruises on the insides of your upper thighs. You traced them lightly with the tip of your index finger.

You briefly shut your eyes, and almost like a movie scene, the memory replayed across your closed eyelids.

Your head spun as Spencer peeled your tank top from your chest. The two of you were breathing heavily, caught up in this lustful encounter. You kept hearing him whisper things, only some of them were loud enough to hear.

You're so beautiful.

I need you.

I missed you so much.

You were naked, and his head disappeared between your thighs. Your head rolled back as immense pleasure rocketed through your body. Your eyelashes fluttered as you felt him press light kisses against your clit. He teased your entrance with the tip of his tongue, rolling it slowly down.

His hands gripped and caressed your body with need. You nudged him with your knees to bring him back up on top of you. You craved the feeling of his hands holding down your hips as he spread your legs and..

Spencer sleepily shifting in the sheets caused you to open your eyes.

If that wasn't proof enough, you were also incredibly sore in.. Lots of places.

You refocused and swung your legs over the side of the bed, placing your feet on the cool hardwood floor.

You had your panties and tank top on, but you still felt awkward tiptoeing across your room. You grabbed a pair of sweatpants from the floor and put them on swiftly, making your way to the kitchen.

Yes, you had sex with Spencer, but you couldn't really remember what happened before. Was there a meaningful conversation?

Or did he just pull you in for a heated kiss, tossing your renewed friendship out the window?

Knowing the two of you, it was probably the latter.

Your head was in the fridge when Spencer emerged from the bedroom, sporting a pair of loose plaid pajama pants. Still no shirt, though.

He waited behind the fridge door, as you were still clueless of his presence. You swung the door closed, and jumped slightly as you noticed him.

"Good morning." Spencer laughed at your reaction, and you rolled your eyes.

"Good morning." You murmured, taking a few glances at his fit figure before meeting his eyes. "You want coffee?"

He nodded, so you went to grab an extra mug for him. After placing the first mug beneath the coffee machine, you leaned against the edge of the kitchen island, slightly mimicking Spencer's position.

You recognized his relaxed state, and decided to pick his brain a little. "So.. What was with last night?"

The soft hum of the coffee machine filled the brief silence between you.

"You were laying on the kitchen island half naked."

Dammit.

You thought he had actually remembered something by now.

Why did you let yourself get your hopes up?

"So you wanted to take advantage of me?" You crossed your arms over your chest, raising your eyebrows.

Now it was Spencer's turn to roll his eyes. "I would never do that. You know me." He took a small step closer to you, which made his face fairly close to yours. "I just...

Your eyes drifted from his, looking to the side. "I guess I do."

Spencer lingered in front of you, his warm breath fanning your forehead.

You attempted to back farther into the counter, but couldn't. "Spencer.. What.."

"Can I kiss you, y/n?"

"Um.. May I ask why?"

"Scientific purposes."

You managed to look back up into his eyes, intrigued by the golden shimmer in his irises. "I... I guess-"

His hand met the base of your neck as he pulled your lips against his, locking you in a kiss. A slight gasp left your lips as his other hand wrapped around your waist, holding you closer.

His touch was intoxicating, and you found yourself molding your body against his.

Spencer pulled away gently, bringing his hand from the nape of your neck to your jaw and chin.

"I keep dreaming about you." He whispered, dragging his thumb against the edge of your bottom lip.

"Ooh, I feel special." You chuckled softly, your lips softly lifting into a smile. "What kind of dreams have I been starring in?"

"I don't know, just random places. I haven't even been to some of these places, but it felt familiar."

You tilted your head slightly so you could study Spencer's face. "Familiar?"

His nose twitched as he inhaled. "Yeah.. They feel so.. Real. I just dreamt of us in Hawaii."

Your brows knit together in thought. "Hawaii.."

Your brain briefly washed the memories across your eyes. Spencer bought you that beautiful necklace, he upgraded your room to a romantic suite.. It was an amazing trip.

He nodded, and lifted your glance back to his. "I've been dreaming about you for months.. I just can't stop thinking about you."

He has been dreaming about you for... MONTHS?!

Why didn't he tell you about this earlier?

You heard the coffee machine fall silent, which meant the first mug was full. No one moved to grab it.

Your lips parted and a shiver shot through your veins and up your spine. "..Months, Spencer?..."

"You in a basement - which was kind of terrifying.. You in a halloween costume - and at a ball, it was pretty cool, you visiting my mom?? Now that was kind of weird but in that dream she seemed to like yo-"

"Spencer!" You interrupted him, your face burning and your eyes became slightly teary. He stopped speaking, startled by your urgency. "Those weren't dreams."

"But... They're all so scrambled.. They couldn't possibly be.."

"Did you dream about a night where I taught you how to use chopsticks?"

His face dropped, and realization began to set in. "How.. How did you..- We spent a night together. You taught me how to use chopsticks.. I had that dream a few months ago. It.. It was a dream.. Right?"

"Spencer..." You whispered, feeling your heart constrict as your words spilled from your mouth.

"You remember everything."

Spencer was silent for a few moments, trying to absorb the weight of the conversation. He took both of your hands in his and caressed the top of each this his thumbs.

"I.. I do. I remember everything."

Did he really?