Two Ghosts

No, It's not about ghosts👻👻👻
But two people who are no longer what they used to be.

Two Ghosts by Harry Styles

Same lips red, same eyes blue (ignore blue eyes, Pooja doesn't have blue eyes)
Same white shirt, couple more tattoos
But it's not you and it's not me
Tastes so sweet, looks so real
Sounds like something that I used to feel
But I can't touch what I see

Shaheer and Pooja stood in front of each other in the court room.

They have filed for divorce, today was the counselling.

Shaheer looked at her without blinking, what twist of fate bought them to this?
We're Falling apart with no strings to hold us together...or maybe there was but we're two blind to see it. I didn't want to let her go but... We weren't together, we can't be, our differences won't let us... She was there, I wish I could tell her what I never said... We can't be the same, day and night can't dwell together, never and we aren't the two immature people now, who fell in love without knowing the fact that we can fall out of it too. He thought.

We're not who we used to be
We're just two ghosts standing in the place of you and me
Trying to remember how it feels to have a heartbeat

Pooja lowered her gaze to the ground, trying to blink away a few tears,
He is there, if he could Just... Try once Again to get me back, we won't fall apart this way... Things change, nights change but...  Are we changed too? Can he not do what he used to do earlier? Haven't we fought earlier?? We made it out alive, why not this time?  Nothing can go back to normal this time? No, it can't. We can't be the same. She looked up, the lawyer started the process.

They listened quietly, there was still a hope... Or maybe there wasn't.

They didn't know what was happening, they forgot themselves.

The fridge light washes this room white
Moon dances over your good side
This was all we used to need
Tongue-tied like we've never known
Telling those stories we already told
'Cause we don't say what we really mean

"C'mere let's dance!" Shaheer said, pulling her to close to him, she smiled and they danced around the kitchen under the refrigerator light, their little moments.

Memories played in their heads.

"Do you really want this divorce, Miss Pooja?"

She could say no right now. She felt tongue-tied,

"Yes." A mere whisper left her lips, He looked up to her in shock, that's it, it goes this way.

She didn't mean to say yes or maybe she did.

"About you?"

Shaheer used to understand her unspoken words, right?

So... Why didn't he understand her yes?

"Yes." He said.

We're not who we used to be
We don't see what we used to see
We're just two ghosts swimming in a glass half empty
Trying to remember how it feels to have a heartbeat

I'm just trying to remember how it feels to have a heartbeat

Their hands shook a little while signing the papers but none of them dared to think once again or look in each other's eyes.

They were no longer husband and wife now. No bounds. No strings, legally.

They stood up to walk out, before they had the same Adobe but now it wasn't.  Their hadn't been so much of silence between them, ever.

They walked to the parking lot when Shaheer finally spoke the silence.

"Have a nice life cause I am not your problem anymore," he faked a smile, taunting her.

"Finally, I hear you utter a word." She said, not meeting his gaze Because she didn't want him to know that she was crying, both of them didn't meet each other's gaze but when finally they dared to looked at each other, the rain poured. Maybe the one too didn't mean to get them back together again, so their tears fell along with the rain drops.  None of them knew other's pain like before.

They turned their backs to each other, walking away, suppressing the pain and cry, they're not what they used to be.

_________

🤓🤓👻👻👻✨✨✨Chill!!!

Have a nice day!