chapter 2 : arriving in the city

have a good day my simps 

I was awoken by Korra taping me gently" it's time to get up we are here" she said bending over and picking up her backpack. she tosses my back at me. I catch it barely. 

I walked off the boat there were people everywhere. They are all talking over each other. It is very overwhelming. It makes me want to melt into the background. It's a luxury I don't have right now. There is nowhere to hide. So I have to stand her awkwardly as Korra hugs her friends. The plants a kiss on a dark-haired girl's cheek. My hand reaches into my space and I snatch I turning it sharply. The person winces. " Oh my god, I am so sorry I Didn't mean to. I got saved out and didn't think" The woman chuckles. "It is alright kid, I've been hurt much worse."

"chief beifong and you are," she said smirking slightly." kali I am Korra's sister" everybody looked shocked. I guess that kora hadn't mentioned me. I would like to say I've gotten over the hurt of being forgotten but I haven't." Korra did not mention a sister how come we never saw you when we visited, "one of the boys said mako I think. "I was working, school and or hunting," I said nonshcolntly though I knew I dropped a bombshell on them. The truth is when they visited I was purposely staying away. I didn't even want them to come but it wasn't my choice to make. "Well we better get to air temple island I am sure everyone there wants to see you," The dark-haired woman says.

From the moment we arrive on the island three kids come out "Korra" They shout in unison. They climb all over her. "All right you guys have gt to get off I am staving" Korra laughs. They slide to the ground and turn their beady little eyes on me. "Who are you," The boy asks. "The girl walks up and around me she takes a deep inhale. "You stink" She scrunches her nose. God, I hate children. "Im so sorry my siblings are so rude. I'm jinora" She oldest holds her hand out. "I am Kali Korra's sister, "I say shaking her hand. "Let me show you inside My mother made food" Jinora leads me inside not dropping my hand.

Jinora leads me into a dining room area. She takes a seat and pats the spot next to her. "You can sit next to me" I smile softly. When i look up it is to find all of the eyes on me. "Hi" I mutter looking away trying not to make eye contact with anyone. "Stop staring it's rude," A woman says. I turn to look at her. "Im Pema" She smiles her smile reminds me of my mother.I spent the whole morning answering questions 

after we were done eating I followed jinora "Your room is just down this hall" She opens the door the room is planned and simple. I like it. "My room is just down the hall if you need anything" She points showing me her door. "Okay," I walk inside and set my stuff down on the bed, and sit down. "I was hoping I could hang out with you for a bit" Jinora doesn't look at me as she asks. "Ya," She hurries in shutting the door behind her. "Can I sit? "She asks and I nod. "So what do you want to hear about," I ask lying down. "What do you like to do," She asks. "I love to read my favorite book right now is the house of hollow. It's really good just a little scary" I dig through my bag before pulling the heavily annotated book out and handing it to her. the stares at the cover for a minute. "Can I borrow this?" She asks. "ya I just need it back cause it's my comfort book." I am sad to part with it but I am happy she seems interested. "Okay I am gonna go to my room I think you should get some sleep the days here start really early in the morning" She opens the door and slips out. I don't even bother to cover myself up with a blanket. I just roll over pulling a pillow to my chest.