chapter 12: Sick

"She is on the phone for you" Jinora pops her head into my room. "What," I ask my voice scatch. It causes me to cough and then sneeze. "Maybe I should just tell her you are not feeling well" Jinora walks in and sets the back of her hand on my forehead. "Is it Kuvira" I push myself up. "Yes but I don't think you should get out of bed if you're sick" She tries to push me down gently. "It's fine just talk with her then get back into bed" I lie. "Promise" Jinora asks her eyes staring into my soul. I know a can't lie to her when she stares at me like that."Yes," I give up I probably should rest anyway. "Okay," I stand and she leads me down a hall and into a room with a phone and desk. "This is dads office don't touch anything," Jinora tells me handing me the phone. "Hello," I say my voice has gotten worse in the seconds since I left my bed. "You sound like shit," Kuvira says concern in her voice. "Thanks, I am not feeling very well," I say sarcastically. "No need to be rude a was just making an observation, I was going to ask if you wanted to go out but I am not thinking that is a good idea anymore". "What no I want to go with you" I whine. "If your sick you shouldn't be wandering around with me. you should be in bed resting" She suggests. "That's what Jinora said" I pout. "Jinora is a smart girl. Now go lay down and if you are feeling better tomorrow maybe take you out for a bit. but only if you rest" She has a stern voice when she wants to it is kinda intimidating. "Now go lay down will talk to you tomorrow" She commands. "Bye," I set the phone down and turn back to Jinora. "What are you two doing in Daddy's office," Ikki asks. I return to face her trying to get rid of the panic on my face. I let out a breath when she leaves. "Lets go' Jinora leads me backto my room. She shoes me down  into bed. "Do not get out of this bed i swear if you do its gonna get ugly" She walks out shutting the door loudly behind her. She reminds me alot of her mom,defintly the oldest daughter.