chapter 9:

Korra wakes me gently. "It is time to go if you want to come with me," She says. I hurry out of bed and toss on some clean clothes. I run a brush through my hair and then run out the door. she waits outside in a not-so-patient way. "We are going to be late."She complains. "You ould have woken me up earlier if you were in such a rush" I add she rolls her eyes and takes off. I can never keep my eyes open in the air. the winds blow too fast. It hurts my eyes I have no idea how she does it. It's a quick trip and as soon as we land outside the building she wraps a hand around my wrist. "don't leave my side" She says as we walk inside.

she leads me into the meeting room. everyone else is already inside. we take our seats and I sit directly across from Kuvira. I don't mean to make eye contact with her, but as soon as I do I can't look away. That is one of my issues I hate eye contact, but once I make it I can't look away first. that is how we remain staring at each other the entire time. Even when she is talking she doesn't look away from me. It is a little unnerving. It is not often I get somebody's full attention like this. By the time the meeting is winding down, I can not look away I have barely blinked. As soon as it hends I hurry out the door and straight outside. I take a deep breath the city air is nasty. I miss the fresh icy air of the north. All I can smell down here is smoke and the stink of many bodies in a small space.

"What is going on between you and your sister"Kuvira asks from behind me. I turn to look at her is as intimidating as ever. "she freaked out when I got back yesterday. She was mad I didn't tell her I was leaving"I sigh as she walks closer to me. Her fingers wrap around a strand of my hair curling it gently. "So you haven't told her about your excursions with me. "No" I laugh. "She would strangle me literally"  She scoffs. "You don't think so," I ask looking up at her. "no" She smirks. "I think she likes too much for a hat" She adds. "She hates you with a fiery passion" I look back at the ground kicking a rok. "you think," She asks. "I know" The sound of heavy stomping behind me draws my gaze. Korra stomps down the stairs behind us."I thought I told you not to stray t far from me" I come to stand behind me. "You did but I need some air" I answer. "You needed air with her" She spits angrily. "No, she followed me not that I don't enjoy her company" I smile at her as Korra drags me away. "I don't want you hanging out with her she is a bad influence, " Korra says. "Oh, and you're a good influence." I spit.