chapter 5: its a date

have a great day my simps

"Kali... KAli" Jinora shakes me awake. "something came for you this morning" Jinora bounces slightly as she pushes the package into my hands. I sigh in and roll onto my back. "are you going to open it" Jinora asks climbing in next to me. "I guess, I don't even know who it is from" I push the hair from my eyes. I run my nail along with the tape, then pull it open. Inside there is a note as well as a pair of metal bracelets. I pull the bracelets out of the box and hold the. They are heavy like weights. 'What's the note say" Jinora lens over my shoulder. "I don't know yet" I reach down and pull it out. I unfold the note it reads.

Kali, I have arranged a train to take you out for the day. It is scheduled to leave by 10 am. That train will take you to meet up with me. It is a short ride. And I promise to have you back before dark. Just show them this not instead of a ticket.

I flip the note over and on the back, it has a signature scrawled on it. "You got a package from Kuvira. "Ya, I can't go through. Korra would never agree to fly me into town for that." I flop back into bed letting the note flutter to the ground. "Ill take you over on my glider, then we can just agree on a time for me to come and grab you" Jinora explains excitedly. "When should we leave," I ask jumping out of bed and wrestling on day clothes. "WEll 10 am is in like 15 minutes so now," Jinora says as I pin my hair back. "Okay," She hurries out of the room and comes back in with her glider. "Let's do this" We high five.

She lands and I laugh a little. "that was so fun, but my hair is a mess. "I take it out running my fingers through it. "It doesn't look too bad. I pin it back up which is hard with no mirror. "GO te train will be leaving soon." Jionr takes back off in the direction of the island. I walk up to the line of people losing onto the train. "Ticket please," The soldier says. I pass them the note and they skim over it. Then pass it back and I get onto the train.

"Passengers It seems we are having some troubles with bandits. Please stay seated we have soldiers on the scene already. it should only delay us by a couple of minutes" A voice says over the speaker. I wish I had my book But no I just had to let Jinora borrow it. So I just have o sit here and stare out the window waiting for us to move again

I must have fallen asleep because when I woke up I am in a different train car. I sit up slowly my head spins a little. "Morning' I turn my head to see a desk with Kuvira sitting at it. "Kuvira," I ask rubbing the sleep from my eyes. " yes, how were you nap," She asks not looking up from her paperwork. "Good" I slide off the couch and walk over to her slowly. I pull a hair out of the corner and sit in it. I pull my feet up into my chest. "How was your first day in republic city" Kuvir continues working on her paperwork. "Okay I hung out with Asami, I don't really know how to feel about her. We got food and did our nails she showed me some of her inventions" I set my face on my knee and look out the window. "Sounds like fun what did you get on your nails" I push my hand out towards her. She looks up and takes it in her own hand. "Frogs," She asks looking t the cute little frog faces. I nod "There cute" She lets my hand drop and I bring it back to my knee.

not even twenty minutes after my stomach growls Kuvira looks over at me. "hungry" I nod "What have you had to eat today' She asks while calling a soldier into the room."Nothing " I mumbled looking away." you have to eat it is not healthy to skip meals" She scolds me. "I do know that It is just hard for me to ask for food from people  I barely know. I am already uncomfortable around them I don't want to make it worse." I don't make eye contact with her. "Don't feel bad about asking for food. They are the ones who are hosting for you" Kuvira says as a soldier enters the room. He sets two steaming bowls down and then leaves. I take a deep inhale "What is that" I ask. "Soup" Kuvira looks over a slight smirk on her face. I carry my chair over to take a seat next to her. She passes me a bowl and I lift the soup to my mouth. "Blow on it, it is hot' I stop and look over at her the spoon only millimeters away from my mouth. Her hand snakes around my wrist and brings my spoon to her mouth. She blows on it softly before binging it back to my lips. This whole process happens and she never breaks eye contact. I open my mouth and she pushes the spoon in" A little dribbles out of my mouth and she wipes it away with her thumb. "Thank you,"I lush final breaking eye contact. "Of course" Kuvira picks up her bowl and starts to eat. 

By the time I get back to air temple island, I collapse into bed. "So how did it go," Jinora asks standing in my doorway. "Good I had soup and we just chilled and talked" I stare up at the ceiling. "sound fun but you should come to breakfast tomorrow my family is getting worried" Jinora smiles and pulls my dor shut.