viii

Luna's P.O.V

The talent show is only a few days away. Everyone is talking about it lately.

The students that would be performing are practicing way harder. Because of the said event, we barely have any classes since our teachers are preparing as well.

When you look outside, everyone has a thing of their own. Some students were chosen to help decorate the stage. Others were picking up trash scattering on the field. They also trimmed the grass which was getting quite long.

It's not much of a difference inside. Everyone is cleaning and decorating their own rooms. It's an easy job, actually, since there were a lot of us. I would choose this rather than scrubbing the washrooms.

If you go inside our classroom, everyone is doing their best to clean and decorate. Mopping, wiping, doodling on the board, sticking some flowers and other decorations on the wall.

"I'm actually quite excited for the talent show" Soohee giggles, fixing the chair in front of her.

"Me too, I can't wait to watch them perform" I say, fixing the books on the bookshelf we have on the back of the room.

"What do you think Jay and Ni-ki will perform?"

I stopped what I was doing for a few seconds. I actually forgot about them. They have been practicing so I barely see Ni-ki, maybe that's the reason why.

"I don't know" I shrug "I just know they won't disappoint us"

"They always exceed our expectation, I wonder how they even dance like that" she says then starts moving as if she was a robot.

I laugh at her. "You look silly"

"How do they move so easily?" she then proceeds to wave her body, or at least she tried to. She's so stiff. She's just as bad of a dancer as me.

"Stop before I throw this book at you" I joked.

She raised her hands in the air. "I'm sorry ma'am"

**

After we finished our duty, we decided to roam around the school. Most of the students had ready finished decorating their rooms.

We stopped stopped by the gym to see how they were going. As expected, they were practicing still. I tried to find Ni-ki and Jay but they were nowhere to be found inside.

"They must be in a different room" Soohee says, looking inside.

"Let's go" she says.

Two other girls replaced the spot that we left.

"Oh they're not here" I heard her sigh.

I held Soohee's hands and walked slower. I had a feeling I knew who they were talking about.

"I wanted to see Ni-ki" she says again.

Soohee must have heard what the girl said since she looked at me with wide eyes.

She looked at me like 'did you hear what she just said?'. I nodded.

"Let's try looking at the other rooms" her friend says.

I could hear them walking and eventually passed us. As soon as they did, I just stood there. My eyes followed them until they were no longer in sight.

"You now have a competition" Soohee said.

As far as I know, I was the only one that liked Ni-ki. At least that's what I thought. I was the only person that is so open about it as well.

"Don't worry, Ni-ki ignores you, he'll probably ignore her too"

I rolled my eyes on her. "Wow that helped, thanks"

"Hey" she put a hand on my back "this is nothing to be worried about"

I sighed. "I can't help it"

"Come on, let's go take a walk outside"

I gave her a small smile as we started to walk.

I can't help but think about that girl. I caught a glimpse of her face earlier when she passed by us. To say the least, she's really pretty.

For the rest of the day, all I thought about was that girl. I don't know why I'm so worried. Soohee's probably right, Ni-ki will ignore her too just like he did me, right?

I tossed and turn on my bed. Finding it difficult to fall asleep. I sigh, spreading my arms and feet as I stare at the ceiling.

I grabbed my phone and texted Soohee.

'What do you think her name is?' I texted.

'I barely saw her face!'
'Also, it's quite late, go to sleep' she replied.

I checked the time on my phone before replying to her. 'IT'S 10:33 P.M'

'Exactly, go to sleep'

'I can't this girl keeps on popping inside my head'
'What if Ni-ki doesn't ignore her?'
'I saw her,,kinda'
'She's really pretty, like REALLY PRETTY'
'What if he likes her back?'
'uhh Soohee?'
'Soohee? Hello?'

I waited for her to reply. She doesn't reply this late. I'm assuming she already fell asleep.

I turned off the phone and stood up. I looked out at the window. The moon is shining so bright tonight.

I looked at the trees behind our house, it's so creepy at night. I feel like any moment from now, someone or something will walk out of there with a knife or something like that.

I started to imagine things. A tall dark figure would walk of the tree, it's eyes are just two dark holes and has teeth as sharp as a knife. It started to scare me and gave me goosebumps, I closed my window, making sure to lock it and move the curtains to cover it.

I want back to my bed in a rush, covering myself with a blanket. The only thing that wasn't covered were my eyes. I looked around my room, at the ceiling, the closet, I felt like someone was underneath my bed.

I wanted to call for my parents. I took a run for it and turned on my lights. I checked the closet and under my bed as well.

With the lights on, I went back to my bed. I started to laugh thinking of how stupid I am, I just scared myself.

I eventually went to sleep with the lights on. I forgot about the girl as she was quickly replaced by my creepy thoughts.

ㅡㅡㅡㅡ

losing Ni-ki's p.o.v cause' y not