xvi

A long breath of air came out my mouth as I stare at the ceiling. The darkness of the room surrounding me, the moon shining through the window is the only source of light that I have.

I look at my left side where my desk was located. Papers, ungiven letters and ballpens were scattered on top of it. Some were even on the floor but I was too lazy to pick them up and put it back on its place.

I have written letters for Ni-ki once again, I got used to doing so but I didn't want to give it to him. Soohee would scold me for sure and would lecture me for hours how I'm not even trying.

I'm trying my best to forget him, I really am. But just when I think that I have already moved on, once I see him again all my feelings for him just floods in. It isn't as easy as I thought it was.

I guess I got used to liking him, got used to confessing to him everyday, got used to getting rejected. That was a daily routine going on for a long time, it's not easy to change it instantly.

I took my phone and stared at the unseen messages I sent to Ni-ki back then. There were a lot and he didn't even bother to read any of them. I basically made it my personally diary.

I turned it off and stared at the celing once more, a sigh escaping my mouth.

"I hate this"

**

I leaned my back against the tree. I should visit the garden more often, it doesn't look like anybody cares anyway, even the teachers.

A few leaves fell on top of us as the air blew. I tuck a strand of hair behind my ears and pushed my skirt down.

It's just so peaceful. It feels like everything is okay, like all my problems just disappeared.

The clear blue sky, the sun shining brightly, the green leaves and grass, why is nature just so beautiful?

I breath some air in, letting it out my mouth. "I like it here" I say closing my eyes for a moment.

I opened them again as another stupid idea went inside my mind. "Let's stay here until dismissal"

"Let's not get in trouble, how about that?" Soohee chuckles.

"Just once, let's skip school" I pout, holding up a finger.

She closes my hands with hers and smiles at me. "No"

I sigh, dropping my hands down causing her to laugh.

"Come on, Luna, it's not that bad"

"It's THAT bad, I used to like going to school" I say looking afar.

"And I know the reason is not because you like to study" she shakes her head.

"Forget about it"

Thinking back, I really did hate school. The only reason I went to school was because of Ni-ki. I wanted to see him everyday. I was so happy because of him back then, I never knew he would become the cause of my problems.

"Imagine if you didn't see him dance that day, imagine if you didn't like him"

'Imagine' I thought.

"If that really did happen, then you would see me at school like what" I stop for a moment as I pretend to count with my fingers "three times a week?"

Soohee shakes her head. "I don't know I should be thankful that you met him or not, cause look at you, you're having a hard time"

I gave her a small smile. "It's not his fault, it's mine, it was me who liked him in the first place"

"I guess so" she shrugs.

**

I close my eyes, laying my head on the table between my arms. I could hear my classmates' talking and running around.

I suddenly start to remember when I first confessed to Ni-ki. It hasn't been long since I started liking him when I confessed, I guess I was just scared someone would do it before I did.

Soohee helped me, from the very beginning, she was always there for me.

"I'm not doing it" I whine as I push Soohee.

She held my arms tightly, I couldn't resist as she was stronger than me.

"Come on he's right there! you can't just back away at the very last minute!" she says pointing to Ni-ki's way.

He was in front of his locker with Jay, he looks so handsome, as always.

"I can't" I say closing my eyes, hoping that somehow, she would let go of me.

But of course, she didn't. She pulled me with her, then pushed me in front . As I opened my eyes, I saw Ni-ki in front of me. He looked down, confused.

"Go Luna! You can do it!" I hear Soohee shout behind me.

I can't back away now, he's already in front of me. I can't just run away either, it would be so awkward and embarassing.

"I..." I start, not able to say the next words.

"What is it?"Jay asks.

"I...uhmmm..." I gulp.

"Luna!! Just say it!!" Soohee shouts again.

"Come on man, we'll be late for class" I hear Jay say.

Hearing what he said, I shut my eyes tightly "Ni-ki, I like you!" I practically shouted.

'Oooooh' I hear the people around me say. I'm pretty sure everyone is looking at me at this moment. I kept my eyes closed as I look down, waiting for his response.

"Ok" he says.

I opened my eyes and looked up at him, confused. Ok? What does he mean by ok?

"We'll be late, let's go Jay" he says and leaves with Jay.

Was I....rejected?

I stood there, watching them walk away. In the corner of my eyes, I could see some students trying to hold their laugh. Others didn't even try, they were straight up laughing at me.

"Hey! you did it!" Soohee says hugging me tightly.

She holds my shoulders and smiles at me. "You confessed to him!!"

"I...got rejected" I pout.

"No no, I was there, I heard him, I don't think he rejected you just ummm...try again, okay?" she says, showing off again her bright smile.

"Okay" I answer softly.