xiii

"For the first time in a long time, I actually understood something" I laugh, closing my notebook.

"That's good news, congrats!" Soohee says, clapping her hands.

"Thank you thank you" I say getting up then bow down like I'm royalty. "I will do my best"

"Sit down you're embarassing me" she laughs.

I look around, surely my classmates are staring at me but I couldn't care less.

"I'm doing good at this" I smile at her, sitting back down.

"Surprisingly, you are" she giggles "in no time you'll be over him!"

"maybe"

All of a sudden, Soohee rolled her eyes at me which made me pout.

"Turn around" she sighs.

I did as she said and saw Yena leaning on the door, why is she here? she's not supposed to be here, she's from class c.

My eyes followed her as she walked inside. She went behind Ni-ki who's sleeping peacefully and tapped his back. He wasn't waking up so she tapped his back again. He still wasn't waking up.

"Why not just leave him alone" I shrug, looking away from her to avoid eye contact.

"Why not mind your own business" she rolls her eyes.

Oh how I want to slap that pretty little face of hers.

"Calm down Luna" Soohee chuckles, holding my hand.

I heard Ni-ki groan, he must be awake.

"Ni-ki!!" Yena squeeled. At that moment I felt like my ears would bleed.

Is she a dolphin of some sort?

Wait I'll take that back, that's an insult to dolphins.

"Aw you must be tired" she pouts, trying to look cute as she flutters her eyelashes.

Is she serious? she woke him up then just goes 'you must be tired'. Dumb bitch.

I didn't want to see more of them, rather more of Yena being stupid. Without saying anything I got out the room, Soohee following behind me.

"What was that for?" she asks.

"I had to" I shrug "before I could punch her face, it's so, punchable" I say, punching my palm.

We both laughed.

**

Behind the school there was a garden. We sat down at the grass under the shade of a tree. The garden is empty except for me and Soohee, of course. The only time students actually go here is when they have to water the plants.

It's so quiet out here and somehow, I like it.

I closed my eyes, leaning my head on the tree behind me as I feel the warm breeze hit my face.

"I like it out here" I say "it's just so peaceful"

"Yeah, we should come here more often" Soohee giggles. I felt her lean on the tree as well.

The atmosphere is quite different compared to the library. The quietness of the library just makes me feel uneasy for an unknown reason. And when you make a noise, they would stare at you like you just commited a crime.

But out here, it feels much more comfortable. I feel like I could stay here forever, if that's even possible.

"Isn't that Yena?" Soohee says out of nowhere.

In a flash I opened my eyes, I looked behind the tree then at both my sides. "Where?" I ask, frantically looking for her.

"I was just kidding" Soohee laughs "You looked stupid"

"That's not funny Soohee" I cross my arms.

"It is for me" she continues "You reacted so fast, I didn't expect that"

"I hate her guts" I say, leaning back again. I stared at the clear blue sky.

"You should try not to think her"

"How? I see her everywhere! In the cafeteria and even in our classroom! Like of course I understand if I see her inside the cafeteria, but like, inside our room?" I say, waving my hands around as I talked "Yena here, Yena there!"

"Woah calm down" she says, raising her hands up in the air.

"I feel like she's Ni-ki's dog, following behind him everywhere he goes, I'm not even gonna lie, she looks like one"

Soohee laughs. "You really do hate her"

"That girl just popped up out of nowhere, I never even knew she existed up until now"

"Well, maybe that's what you should do then"

I look at her confused. "What do you mean?"

"You know, like before, act like you don't know she exists"

"As if" I scoff "it's easier said than done"

"You should at least try" she shrugs.

I sigh. "I don't know if I can do it"

"You CAN do it, try it, I'll help you" she smiles.

"Fine"