xii

"Luna, you look tired" Soohee says, pointing at the dark circles underneath my eyes.

"I barely had any sleep last night" I reply, looking at her as I force my eyes to open "I tossed and turned for like a thousand times already"

"Maybe you should ask your mom to buy you sleeping pills" she says biting into her bread.

"Maybe" I yawn.

I had trouble falling asleep. I didn't even use my phone, thinking it would be a way for me to finally rest but that's not what happened, of course. For hours, I just laid down staring at the ceiling.

My mind was so full of random thoughts. Things I shouldn't even be thinking about.

I thought about Ni-ki, Yena and what Jay told me when we met. Questions flooded my mind. "what if they really are dating?" "does Ni-ki really like Yena?" "I wish it was me in her place". I was hurting myself with my own thoughts but I couldn't help it either.

I broke out of my thoughts when I heard someone coughing continuously. It was Soohee, she was choking.

"what happened?" I ask, trying not to panic. I looked around and grabbed my water "calm down" I say handing it to her.

"msjhewomw" she tries to say something while chugging down water.

I couldn't understand a word she was saying. I stared at her utterly confused.

She moved her eyes from me, then to something or someone behind me. I took that as a sign and turned around. I saw Ni-ki, Jay, Yena and another friend of her enter the cafeteria.

That girl was clinging unto Ni-ki's arm.

"Thank you" Soohee says, still coughing "I thought I was gonna die back there" she hits her chest a few times.

I didn't reply ro her and just continued to stare at them. I assume Ni-ki offered to buy her something since she was jumping like a little kid while pointing at some snacks. What a disgusting sight.

"Just look at me not at them" Soohee says. She snaps her fingers, trying to get my attention.

I roll my eyes, not bothering to look at her. I didn't really want to see Yena with Ni-ki but somehow, I can't look away. My eyes were glued on them.

"Yah, Kang Luna" she continues.

I felt something hid my head. It was a crumpled paper ball. I picked it up and look at Soohee who's just tilting her head at me, blinking her eyes innocently.

I raised my eyebrows at her "you threw this?" I thought.

She nodded at me proudly as if she had just read my thoughts. "I got your attention didn't I?"

"Sure, that works, I guess" I say, putting the crumpled paper inside my bag to throw later.

"I think they're dating, what do you think?" she asks, leaning her chin on her hands.

"what do I think?" I look at her and she nods. "I think you should just shut up"

"rude" she pouts then continues eating.

**

I sometimes wish that the subject 'Math' didn't exist, you know what I'm saying? Sure it's fun and all to solve but what fun is there when you don't understand a damn thing?

I'm listening but I'm still confused. Why do we even have this class anyway? I mean, I don't need Math to breathe, do I?

"Yah, Soohee" I whisper, my eyes focusing in front, keeping an eye on our teacher "do you understand anything?"

"Mhmm" she humss "if you listened for the past months maybe you would have understood something too, instead, you spent your time drooling over Ni-ki"

"That is so not true" I deny, looking at her.

'Isn't she supposed to help me move on?' I thought.

She smirked, taking a short glance at me then continues to write down some notes. "What have you been doing then?"

"I have... umm.." I drift off, thinking for a good enough excuse. I couldn't make one up. "maybe it's true but-"

I got cut off by our name suddenly being called. "Kang Luna, Min Soohee, would you like to share your discussion to our class?" our teacher says, hands in his waist as he stares at us.

I could feel everyone's eyes on us. In the corner of my eyes, I could see Ni-ki looking at me while Jay purses his lips, trying not to laugh.

"I was just teaching Luna, sir, there was something she didn't understand"

He raises his eyebrows, suspecting us.

She then continues making up excuses. He just nods at her with a smile placed on his face. I guess her lies worked because the class just continued without us getting punished.

She saved me back there. If he had asked me something we would have gotten in big trouble.

"Thank you" I mouth to her.

She just gives me a small smile in response.