«Sus»

"Its nice to meet you guys too!" I said while putting on my friendliest smile. I noticed Todoroki was staring at me strangely. It made me uncomfortable, but i tried my best to not let it bother me.

"Do you want to hang out with us for a bit? I can treat you to some food if you would like! I feel bad for ruining your hoodie" Uraraka asked.

I didn't see the harm in hanging out with them, even if i just met them. If anything, i'll kill them if they try anything funny. At least i don't have to deal with Shigaraki's temper tantrums.

"Sure, why not." I agreed. Suddenly, Todoroki pulled Uraraka away and started telling her something. I couldn't understand what they were saying, but all i knew was that kid was on to me. He didn't trust me.

They were most likely UA students, judging from how they were acting before. This could be my chance to get closer to a few of them so i can kill a few of them. I knew that Shigaraki had a spy already inside if UA, but i didn't trust him. He didn't seem like the brightest person, in my opinion. He failed to inform us that All Might would be late to his own class, which set us back a bit, so i wanted to do it my way.

Shoto's POV

"I don't trust him." I whispered to Uraraka.

"What?! Why! He seems pretty innocent to me." She said back to me.

"I-I don't know. Its just a hunch, i guess." I replied. I truly didn't have a logical reason for not liking him. He just doesn't give off a good vibe in my opinion. Plus, he didn't tell us his full name. That was strange. Why would he want to hide it?

"Just relax Todoroki! I'm sure its just the recent events getting to your head. We're all a little on edge, maybe hanging out with someone new can get the stress off of our minds." Uraraka gave me a comforting smile.

"fine." I reluctantly agreed. We walked back over to where Deku was.

Izuku's POV

"Hey, there's a soba place just down the street! And i heard it was pretty good too!" Uraraka announced.

"Sounds good to me." I replied. Todoroki didn't say anything.

"Alright, lets go!" Uraraka began to walk out of the store with Todoroki following behind. I put the drinks i originally got for Shigaraki back, since I wasn't going to be at the base for a little while, then followed her as well.

We walked to the soba place, which only took a few minutes. The interior of the cafe was pretty simple, yet cozy in a way. We sat down in a booth then ordered our food.

We got to know each other a bit more as we waited for our food. Uraraka mostly talked about their life at UA and their friends and family, while Todoroki didn't talk one bit, maybe saying a few words here and there, but mostly nothing.

I did my best in talking about my life, trying not to reveal too much about my self, but just enough so they don't grow more suspicious of me.

"So where do you go to school Deku?" Uraraka asked.

"Oh, Uh- I'm home schooled." I rubbed the back of my head and laughed nervously. Technically, i wasnt lying. I did teach myself things that i would've learned if i was in school, but that wasn't my main focus. I mostly trained and studied heroes and quirks.

"Oh thats cool! You must not have many friends then, do you?" She looked at me and gave me a look of pity. She quickly covered her mouth with her hands and realize how rude her statement came out.

"Im sorry! I didn't mean it to come out like that! I usually say whatever comes to my mind, im sorry!" She said.

"I-Its fine! Don't worry!" I smiled.

Not only is she clumsy physically, she's also clumsy with her words I thought to myself and internally face-palmed.

Our food finally came and we all enjoyed it in silence. It was comfortable though. I eventually broke the silence with a question.

"So, what made you guys want to become heroes?"

Uraraka put her finger on her chin for a moment, thinking about her answer.

"Money." She blankly said. I stared at her for a moment, shocked at the the straight forward answer she gave.

"Is that it..?" I asked. I was beginning to hate this so called 'hero-in-training'. She was going to turn out to be the kind of hero i absolutely despised. Only in it for the money and fame. How disgusting.

"Truthfully, yeah. My family has always been pretty poor and we struggle to keep our construction business going, so i thought if i became a hero, i can make their lives easier." She looked down a bit and smiled softly.

Why not become a doctor, a nurse or an author even? Why become a hero? Why join that corrupted system for something as simple as money? Hell! Why not just become a villain and steal?! I thought to myself.

"Oh, That makes sense." I said to her.

"I know it isn't a really noble reason, but i'll work as hard as i can to help my family!" Uraraka added.

"What about you, Todoroki?" I asked. He stared at me with a blank expression for a moment.

"I didn't really have a choice. My father is the number two hero." He said as he continued to eat his cold soba.

The number two hero, huh. Endeavor, the most villain-like hero i've ever met. He abuses his power that this messed up society has given him. He'd beat villains to a pulp and claim it was for the sake of the people. Tch. I thought to myself

"Woah! Your father is Endeavor? Thats so cool!" I exclaimed, trying to sound as enthusiastic as possible.

Acting all 'fanboy-ish' wouldn't have been a problem a year ago, that's the kind of person i was. Now that i know the truth behind this hero society, i want nothing more than to end that corrupted system. Killing and torturing every person who claims to be a hero, one by one.

"It's not that big of a deal, I don't particularly like him anyways." He said in his monotone voice.

"Anyways~ Deku! You seem pretty enthusiastic about heroes, have you ever considered becoming one yourself?" Uraraka asked me.

"Um, yeah actually." I smiled a bit. "But it was just a silly dream. It wasn't like it would ever happen." I laughed a bit.

"Aw thats too bad, im sure you would have been a great hero!" Uraraka said. "Oh, what's your quirk anyways?"

"Copy. I can copy anyone's quirk for a short period of time." I responded

"Woah thats really cool! It kind of reminds me of one of the quirks those Hero Killers have." She said. I felt the color drain from my face.

Shit! I forgot the public knew of some of our quirks.. I thought to myself.

"N-Not that im accusing you of being a villain or anything! You're way to sweet to even be closely related to those monsters!" Uraraka laughed a bit. I laughed along with her, trying to avoid the suspicion floating around in the air.

She had some nerve calling us 'monsters'.. I thought to myself.

We eventually finished our food, payed, then left the cafe.

"This was fun! We should definitely hang out again, it was nice to meet you!" Uraraka said with a huge smile plastered across her face. It reminded me of Toga's, but less psychotic.

"Yeah, definitely." I smiled back at her, then waved at the two UA students. I started walking back to the base.