Chapter Six

A woman stood in the autumn air, the moonlight kissed her fair cheek as she rested her cigarette between her rosy lips.

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw a man leaned against the stone railing. She turned to see a handsome fellow, he looked a tad bit older than her, he tried to light his cigarette, but couldn't get it to light because of the wind.

"Fook." he groaned as the woman tapped his shoulder, he turned his sapphire eyes towards, she offered.

"Here, let me help." he lowered his head down as she lit the man's cigarette. When it was lit, he pulled himself away while saying.

"Thanks." he paused for a moment then spoke.

"Sorry, I should introduce myself. I'm Thomas Shelby." the woman responded bluntly.

"I know, I'm your assistant until that moll of yours pops out a child." Thomas gawked at her.

"I never heard a beautiful woman say that in my fooking life!" she laughed at his comment.

"Well, I'm not like other women. And you think I'm beautiful?" Thomas went to walk away shamefully but she called out to him.

"Wait, Mr. Shelby! I was just joking, men make that mistake all the time." Thomas came back, his cheeks were burned up, the woman wasn't sure if it was because he's embarrassed, or it was just cold outside. The wind blew again, causing the woman to shiver.

"Here." Thomas said softly as he draped his jacket over the woman's shoulders, she thanked him, then he asked.

"What is your name anyway?"

"Catherine Smit, I'm from Canada, in case you were wondering about my accent." she responded.

"A Canadian immigrant? My, I thought you were a dumbass American." he joked, causing Catherine to burst out laughing. They laughed for a minute before Catherine said.

"Yes, I worked for the Hamilton Mafia for a bit. I wanted a fresh start, so I came to England."

"The Hamilton Mafia? I made a few trades with them, how come I never saw you?"

"I was stuck behind a desk like I am now. All because I have a hole instead of a stick between my fucking legs." Thomas smiled, he could see how down to earth she was. He said.

"You're a tough woman, like my-" he stopped himself, then Catherine queried.

"Like your last wife, Grace?" Thomas nods as Catherine rubbed his shoulder. Out of nowhere, Thomas pecked Catherine's lips, she pulled herself away while saying.

"Mr. Shelby, you have a pregnant girlfriend. This would be considered sinful." Catherine was more concerned if Lizzie saw them like this than him actually having a girlfriend.

"I don't care, I can't resist anymore." The two kissed passionately-

A/N: For the people don't understand what happened, that was a flashback to when Tommy and Catherine first actually met. Yes, Tommy cheated. (Don't judge, men do it)