Thirteen

AN: just a warning it gets a little heated haha, probably the next chapter too.
*************************************************
"Are you ready!" Dawn squealed Friday morning when Serena rolled out of bed.

"For what?" Serena asked, not quite awake yet.

"The ski trip!" May exclaimed, coming over.

"Oh yeah," Serena yawned. "Yeah I'm excited." Serena replied. "Is everyone going?"

"Obviously," Misty said, smiling. "We get out of classes today and Monday."

"That's the part I'm most excited about," Miette added. "And then we have the dance next Saturday."

"Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I don't even have a dress." Serena said, glancing at her closet.

"Neither do any of us." Dawn said. "Let's go shopping after we get back." Serena nodded, agreeing.

"Come on, breakfast and then we load into the busses." May said, walking out. The other four girls followed her out.

They got to the cafeteria and grabbed their food, walking over to the table. Serena ended up next to Ash. Oh great, she whispered.

He had been kind of distant and a little mean the last few days, and Serena didn't know why. It was tiring being around him and he not talking to either Gary or Serena. Gary appeared a moment later and took a seat next to Serena.

Ash watched Gary walk to the table and sit next to Serena. He shifted in his seat, still angry. Why are they hiding it? They obviously are together, he's seen them the last few days. They're always talking or hanging out. Rosalie isn't here either, so it's not like he wasn't lonely. Rolling his eyes, Ash stood up and walked out with Clemont and Drew, as they had finished their food.

"Alright Gary, see you on the bus." Serena smiled and followed the other girls up to grab their bags. Serena had gotten her snowboarding gear from her mom earlier that week, so she was all set.

"Oh wow, you snowboard?" Shauna asked, joining her and Dawn in the line to get on the bus.

"Yeah. I have for a while." Serena smiled. "Do you?"

"I like skiing, but I don't have my own equipment." Shauna replied.

"I'm a skier too, but May snowboards."

"So does Ash and Gary. I think other than you those two are the only others of us who have their own equipment. Tayla has a snowboard too."

"Oh wow. I bet Tayla, Ash, and Gary are pretty good then."

"Yeah usually they go off together on the harder runs while the rest of us hang out on the easier ones. It's a great time. Are you any good?"

"I'm decent," Serena replied. They were stepping on the bus now. "I can handle a couple harder runs."

"Oh really now?" Gary asked, smirking. Serena looked over at him and grinned. Ash and Tayla were sitting together, so were Shauna and May, and Dawn was sitting with Paul, so Serena took a seat next to Gary. Dawn, May, and Shauna were close by, so they were able to easily continue their conversation on the way up.

~~

Around 6pm they were pulling into the resort, the snow falling gently. Everything was blanketed in white, and Serena grinned. It's going to be really good snow tomorrow.

"Four to a room, do you want to come with May, Shauna, and I?" Dawn asked Serena. She nodded and followed them inside, dragging her bags along with her.

"Oh wow it's really nice," Serena muttered, walking through the door of the suite. She let Pancham, Eevee, and Fennekin out to explore. The other three girls' Pokémon were out too.