Infected Mark

The cloaked figure stands up and eyes his small militia. 14 current victims he has made into his own personal soldiers. They all walk about, making plans, or simply relaxing.

???: ...

They sigh and stand up, a wheeled chair moving back as they stand. All the "soldiers" look up and face their leader.

???: All of you, stay here. If you're going to find more infantry...then do it one at a time... we dont wanna cause a panic... I need to let off some steam.

All the figures nod and go on with their buisness. The cloaked person begins walking and heads to the city, sticking to the alleyways. He sees a few of the homeless and walks past them, not saying anything.

As he walks, he lands his left hand on the wall, causing it to fizzle with strange, pink energy

???: sigh ...What to do...

He stares out to the street and sees some people getting some lemonade from a stand. He walks to the edge of the alley and stares intently.

Veronica: How much will it be, Crystal?

The man freezes at that name.

Crystal: Its free if you guys want it. I'm having one of the other Multiversal Heroes coming to ship extra lemons over.

Veronica: Oh, thanks!

Henry chuckles and takes his glass and hands Veronica hers.

Crystal: Tell Kari I said hey.

Veronica: We will! Cya around!

As they walk away, the figure looks to the wolf behind the stand. She sits back and looks into the sky, thinking to herself.

???: It's...her...

Her. The one his master hated... He had been looking for many things, yet he had forgotten about the vengance his leader had wanted...

Veronica: Sir, you okay?

The figure looks to his left to see Veronica looking at him. His eyes widen, and he begins running off.

Veronica: HEY, WAIT!

Veronica hands the lemonade to Henry and begins running after the man. He dashes through the alleyways, trying to avoid Veronica. She leaps to the roofs using roots and tries her best to follow the runner.

???: LEAVE ME ALONE!

Veronica: Let me talk to you, sir!

The figure turns their left hand toward Veronica and instantly, tentacles fly from the hand, pulling his follower to the ground with a rough landing.

Veronica: OOF-

???: I'm sorry, but I cant be reckoned with at the moment...

They run on, until a car barrels toward him.