Division

As everyone discusses ideas of attack and what to do, Devin decides to cut in.

Devin: Matticus probably knows I'm betraying him... so I'll send Devoluters out to attack and distract as you all try to revamp Star back to normal.

Veronica: Good plan. Anyone else?

Mario: Hmm...

Veronica: Mario, you have a plan?

Mario: Actually, Mario does have a bit of a plan...

Mario stands on the table and begins explaining.

Mario: First, we make a diversion with Luigi, SMG4, and I. Next we get Infinite, Francis, Crystal, Luna, Comet if he wants to help, and Aeris to fight Matticus as Meggy, Kari, Crow, Raven, Kelly, Sharky, and everyone else tries to get Star back. What do you guys think?

Everyone is amazed at this conclusion. Their jaws stay open, until Veronica giggles.

Veronica: That's perfect. Then Devin can assist with Devoluters.

Mario: Okie Dokie.

Devin: Let's do this.

Henry: Here to help, brother.

Veronica giggles, happy her husbands are getting along.

Mario: When will they all get here though-

The TV fizzles as Hope and Crow watch it. Everyone faces it to see the news reporter ready to talk.

Reporter: Chaos spreads throughout the world as Matticus, the said Diety of Matter, teams up with Starbirth, our Diety of all the realities.

Veronica: I guess it's now...

I begin flinging bodies into buildings, cutting them apart with glass whilst Afterbirth rips all he can apart. Matticus watches along with Jod as humanity slowly falls.

FM: KILL ZA HOE!

Matticus: I'll take care of the police...

Matticus sends tentacles into the ground, ripping it up and flipping all the debris toward the government.

FM: FALL BACK!

They attempt to, until plants grow and block the way. Carnaeians burrow into the ground all over the world as the Mushroom Kingdom falls.

Starbirth: All is going according to pla-

???: STARBIRTH!

I turn around to see everyone standing there. I sigh as they form a strange group. Kari, Veronica, Henry, Devin, and Hope stand in the front.

Hope: Grampa!

Starbirth: ...

Kari: Honey, let grandma talk to him...

I fly into Kari and throw her into a broken window. Matticus chuckles and sees Devin among the resistance.

Matticus: Devin. I knew you were going to betray. I saw it in your hea-

Veronica: -you saw it in his head, wanted to kill him early on but wanted to be a dick blah blah blah...

Matticus: I...was gonna say that.

Veronica: Just fuck off.

Matticus attempts to tackle her until he hits someone else. Crystal stands with lightning in hands.

Crystal: You want me? You're gonna get me.

Matticus chuckles. A crude smile forms on his face.

Matticus: Gladly.