Chapter #9: The Gift of His Timeline

Barbatos wasted no time. He rushed to the rooftop as fast as his legs could carry him. 

He didn't notice that he almost stepped on some hardworking Little Ds. He didn't hear a teacher calling him. Everything just faded away and his one and only goal is the only thing that is occupying his mind right now.

As he climbed the steps to the rooftop, his heart racing, he feels more energized and excited. He waited and dreamed this moment for so long and it is here right now!

Barbatos stopped when he grabbed the door to the rooftop. He breathed in and out, then slowly and carefully, he opened the door.

He saw the girl facing the vast space of the Devildom. He called out the girl's name and the girl slowly turned around, looked at him, then smiled.

Barbatos found himself smiling back as he walked closer to her and gave the first of his sweetest kisses. 

As they broke the kiss, tears fell down from the two lovers' eyes and blissful smiles on their lips.

"I thought you would never be mine," Barbatos whispered as he held his girl's cheeks.

"I thought you would reject me," the girl whispered back.

Barbatos laughed. "Reject you? Reject you?! "

The two shared another breathtaking kiss.

"I will tell you a secret," Barbatos said to her after they broke the kiss. 

"What is it?" she breathed.

"This is the only dimension where we end up together. This is the only world where you love me back," he said that completely amazed the young, human girl. Barbatos gave her a peck on her lips. He felt like wanting to kiss her for all of eternity, "I searched countless timelines, countless worlds! I searched until I became weak just to find a place where we can live happily together." He caressed her cheeks using her hands as he looked into her mesmerizing eyes. "I can't believe that I have been living on the perfect timeline all along."

"We'll be together," the girl promised.

"Forever," Barbatos promised back.