Chapter 5. A Midnight Walk

Next chapter : What? Aliens?. You can't sleep. So what is better then a walk at midnight?.
.
.
.
.
Reader p.o.v

It was probably around midday. Close to dinner. You could make dinner. That was the least thing you could do. Chief did take you under his roof. Without any rent. But you are working for him so that's like a repayment. As you got out the vehicle, kade ran around you like cat and mouse. Interested in you. Asking you questions and talking about himself. You tried to hold your smile. Maybe this job was a real good decision. I mean giant robots who help?. Yes please. You got snapped back by reality when Graham had his hand placed on your shoulder. "So how was your first action with us?" He asked kindly. Interested in how you felt. Awww. Well it could have been worse. I mean. Someone really could have got hurt. "It was fun" you answered. Then looking over to chief.

"Chief?" You asked. He turned around. "Yes y/n" he said. You cleared your throat. "I was thinking to cook for everyone since you took me into your home" you said. Hands into eachother. Waiting for his answer. "Of course. And you don't really have to cook as replacement" chief sad smiling kindly. "That's alright chief! It's the least thing I can do" you said. Cheeks light covered in blush. "Oh! I can help!" Suddenly Dani said wrapping her arm over your shoulder. "Sure" you grinned. And you don't know why but suddenly everyone their faces turned from 'smile' to 'oh no'. Oh well. What could go wrong. You were going to watch everything every minute.

But sadly. The kitchen ended up almost flying up in fire. How?. Dani really has to stay away from the kitchen. You could cook. That wasn't the problem. But because you really were a nice person. So you learned Dani. And she was thankful for that. Kaboom. Where was you're metal trophy?. Nah just kidding. A thank you was enough. Making people happy. It made you happy.

And so you and Dani finished making dinner. It took way longer then usual but it was fun with her. And then you placed all the plates and glasses on the table. And dinner could be served. "Wow. Did you made all this?" Graham said walking in surprised. Kade followed him. "Yes. It turns out we are a great team in the kitchen too!" You said leaning on Dani her shoulder. "What smell so good?" Cody said walking downstairs right into the kitchen. "I hope our food" Dani smiled. They all sat down. But only one person was still missing. The chief. "Wait. I'll go get chief. Anyone who could know where he would be?" You asked. "Nope" kade said. "I think I saw him going down by the lift" Cody said. Then that was the place you were going. You nodded en got down by the elevator.

Once down you got out and looked around. But nobody was there. Where were the robots?. Did they all suddenly disappear?. But the floor moved. Making you take a step back. The floor opened?. And chief was in sight. Wha?. "Chief?" You asked confused. Once he heard you're voice he was startled. "Oh y/n! Uh how can I help you" he said as the floor was once back in place. You had to know. "What were you doing down there?" You asked. It was obvious a bunker that was below street level. But why was he there?. "I had to put the bots in their charger" chief explained. Well that sounded like right to you.

Dinner had gone smoothly. Many jokes at the table. And when the time had passed you went to bed. The others already in bed once you left the bathroom. But somehow you still had energy. Enough for you to take a walk. But knocking know on chief's door would make you feel guilty for disturbing his sleep. So you texted him that you were taking a walk. At least he would know where you were if he needed you.

Once changed back in your regular clothes. You got down and pulled on your jacket. You were going for that walk!.

Oke finally, next chapter you discover that the robots aren't just robots. But aliens.
Word count 726
Comicmaker12