12. Birthday Boy

"Hey Tom," I said quickly. "Do you have any milk?"

I had gone over to Tom's that Tuesday evening and was instructed by him to make tea. No milk though, sadly. He looked over at me from the table he was sitting at: "Oh, no. Do you want me to get some?" He was looking over a script but rose, pecked my lips and grabbed his coat. "I'll be five minutes, OK?"

I nodded quickly. "See you Tom." He left and as soon as I heard the door close I ran to the table, rifling through the papers. His phone had to be here someone. This was the idea: I would steal the numbers of his sisters from his phone and then invite them to a surprise birthday thing for Tom. He wouldn't know.

It wasn't locked, thank god. I checked his contacts. I knew they were called Emma and Sarah.  I took the numbers onto my phone and replaced in under the papers just as the Tom returned. Everything's normal, he seemed to think. I made the tea and handed him his cup. He continued reading through his script as I sat opposite him with my laptop, editing my novel.

I called Emma and Sarah on the next evening. Emma picked up on second ring: "Hi, who is this?"

"Oh, hi. My name's Kate. I'm Tom's girlfriend, um. Yeah."

"Wait, you're Tom's GIRLFRIEND. Oh wow. OK, hi. I'm his sister, but you knew that right?" she sounded really lovely. "Yeah, I did. I'm calling to ask if you're free on Saturday?"

"Tom's birthday," she said. "And yes, yes I am."

"I was wondering, if I give you my address - I live nearish Tom - would you mind coming to mine for say two? Tom's coming at three; it's a surprise," I said. Emma squeed: "Oh yes, Tom loves surprises! He really does. I'll be there. D'you want me to bring any food or anything?"

"If you want to, do, but don't worry about it," I said. I had taken an instant liking to Emma. She replied that she'd bring some little sandwiches or something, and after I had given her my address, I hung up.

My conversation with Sarah was pretty much the same. I lay back it happiness. I told Tom to come around for three, and he had eyed me dubiously and said that he would. I spent ages agonising over a present for him, and finally bought it. Two o'clock came around on the Saturday and I welcomed Emma and Sarah in. "Don't worry," Emma said, "We travelled together so we've caught up on all the sisterly things."

I laughed: "Yeah." Sarah beamed at me: "So you actually agreed to date my brother? Wow. I'm impressed. Broom hair."

"I like his hair," I defended weakly. Sarah laughed: "So, how did you meet then?"

"I worked on The Deep Blue Sea with him," I said, nodding. Emma's mouth opened a little: "Oh my God, you're THE Kate," she said quickly.

"I don't know," I stuttered. Sarah nodded: "The clapper board person that Tom had a crush on? Or he used to talk about you so much that Em and I teased that he did. But now you're together, so he did. Em, we were right!"

Emma whooped and high fived Sarah. We started to decorate, stringing up balloons and the like. At quarter to three Emma and Sarah hid behind the sofa. I sat on it and kept talking to them until the doorbell rang at about three. I opened it and Tom was standing there, smiling sheepishly. "Happy birthday!" I exclaimed, hugging him. Tom hugged me back until he pulled my lips up to his, kissing me softly.

"I love you," I muttered into his lips. He dragged me into my living room, my toes trailing across the floor. Emma and Sarah burst up from behind the sofa: "Surprise!" And then Emma's voice: "Sarah, we're interrupting something."

I pulled my head away from his and he untangled his arms from around me: "Em, Sarah! You guys!" he ran over to them, pulling the three of them into a big hug. I stood and watched them, beaming. Finally they came apart and Tom came over to me: "I had no idea!" he said.

"We got you presents," Emma explained, indicating the table. There were three presents on it, one from Sarah, one from Emma and one from me. Tom took Sarah's first, and opened it, smiling at her. It was a script folder. "I'm sorry I'm so unoriginal, because you probably have one."

Tom turned it over in his hands, "No, I don't actually Sarah! I've been meaning to get one for ages," he said, smiling and hugging her again. Emma had given him a book, a novel. He hugged her too. Finally it was my present. "I'm sorry," I said, "It's not very good; sorry Tom."

He opened it. I had given him a proper fountain pen, engraved with his name: Tom Hiddleston It was a dark red and I had given him some black ink for it too. He had been complaining that he didn't like biro so I got that for him. His eyes lit up when he saw it. "Wow, Kate." He kissed my lips quickly, not for long enough for Sarah and Emma to go 'ooooo'.

Tom, naturally, wanted to catch up with his sisters, so I made tea and sat with my arm wrapped around him. We ended up laughing about the ridiculous things. Sarah and Emma were so genuinely sweet and lovely. We ate soon afterwards and then Sarah and Emma started making their excuses to go. Tom and I waved them off, his arm looped around my waist. Finally he pulled me back into the house.

"God, Kate, I've been dying to kiss you all day," he said. I looked confused: "But, Tom, you have." He pulled my hand and tugged me into the living room. He pushed me onto the sofa. "Not properly Kate," he connected our lips, pushing me over onto my back. He was kissing me hungrily. I tangled my fingers through his curls as he deepened the kiss.

"I love you," he said. "I love you so so much Thomas William Hiddleston."

"I love you too Kate. I love you so much. Oh my God," he pulled our lips apart. I stood up quickly: "Do you want to...?" I wiggled my eyebrows.

"I don't mind you flirting so much now we're together," he said, laying back on the sofa. "Come on then Kate." He leapt up and smiled his beautiful, enigmatic smile at me.

A/N

Okey hi. Idk, I thought that was a rather flat chapter. Anyways. I think this story is coming to a close, bc I've sorta lost my love for writing it, but don't want to leave it unfinished. I've still got stuff to tidy up, but don't expect masses more chapters. Sorry.

Hope you're having a lovely day! And have lots of lovely days!! *hiddly hugs*

Loads of love, HiddlesLover1 xxx