14. A While Later

Apologies but this fanfic is going to be coming to a rather abrupt end. I am going to skip forward a while in time because I want to start a new Oakley fanfic. Expect about two more chapters (including this one). That will probably be all for this fic. And even though nobody probably cares, I'm sorry.

We had been going strong for a ages now...ages. Tom had been away for filming, which was hard but we still skyped and talked every day then, and then he'd come back. He was still working hard, but I never felt too hard anymore. He was much more relaxed, and famous now. He was currently in Coriolanus in the West End, which he loved. Although he was coming home late.

But he left later in the mornings too. I had changed my job too, as I was practically living at his. I woke up snuggled into him. He was still asleep, which was good. Let him lie in for a bit. I climbed out of bed and walked off down the stairs so I could wake him up with a cup of tea. I hummed softly and danced around the kitchen slowly until I had two cups of tea in my hand at which point I plodded upstairs.

"Tom," I set the cup on his bedside table. "Wake up." He opened his eyes slowly: "You're a nice sight to wake up to," he said, sitting up to kiss me. I let him hold my face in his hands as our lips touched. Finally we broke apart and I sat back in bed to drink my tea with him.

We usually drunk in silence, and today was no exception. When we finished, I took the cups and made to bring them down the stairs. I washed them up and then showered (downstairs - Tom had the luxury of two main bathrooms in his house, I thought). I wrapped myself in a towel and changed into some clothes. I was walking along the ground floor when I felt two strong arms wrapping around my waist. "Hello," Tom's voice whipered, his breath tickling my ear. I smiled slowly. I loved it when he did this, despite all my jokes. He kissed my ear, wrapping his arms tighter around me. "Kate, will you-"

Do the washing up for me? Make breakfast?

"Marry me?" My whole body froze up at those four words. "Tom-" I turned around quickly. He was down on one knee, holding a ring box in his shaking hands. The tears started pouring down my face but I made no move to wipe them away. My eyes were fixed on his face: he looked so scared.

"Yes," I gulped. "Oh Tom, yes PLEASE." Tom's whole face relaxed. He took my hand and slipped the ring on, his hands still shaking. I saw his eyes were starting to fill with tears: "Oh God, don't cry," I said, holding his hand to stand him up. I went straight into a hug, my arms fixed securely around his waist. I was still crying, making Tom's t-shirt soaking wet. He didn't care, it seemed, as he ran his hands through my hair.

We stayed standing there for sometime. I was late for work, but I couldn't have cared. Nobody else seemed to either - they had all noticed the diamond ring on my finger and congratulated me. Even my boss, who was usually quite grumpy. I wasn't clapper-boarding any more, did I say? I was working at an office, in a much more stable and stress free job. It made me feel better anyway.

Throughout the whole day I walked around on a dream. More congratulations, more hugs. More pecks on the cheek. I called my family (who had all obviously met Tom numerous times). My Mum and sister were screaming, but my Dad wasn't (it turned out Tom had already asked him for permission).

I came home to no Tom, because of Coriolanus he didn't really come back until midnight. I made myself something to eat and sat on his sofa to watch something. At ten I went to sleep but was awoken by Tom prodding me softly: "You said to wake you so we could talk a bit," he said quickly.

I sat up, looking at the clock on the side of the bed (00:04), wiping the drool from my chin. "Hi Tom." He bent over to kiss me, clambering into bed. "I love you," he said, taking my hand, stroking over the diamond on my ring with his thumb, "My fiance."

I smiled at him: "Fiance." The word sounded strange on my tongue referring to him and us. He snuggled down in the bed: "I'm going to sleep now, if that's OK. I'm quite tired."

"That's cool Tom. Love you," I switched off the little lamp and could soon hear the sound of his slow sleep-breathing. I curled around in his arms, kissing his chest: "Sleep tight my fiance," I whispered to the silence.

Ten months later

The wedding was two months away now, and Tom and I were planning. We had waited to get married because of his work, because he wanted some time when he was free. We were getting married in the spring, before Tom started filming for his new show with Hugh Laurie.

That day we were wedding dress shopping. I was trying on yet another, assisted by Tom's mum. "This one?" she asked again, pursing her lips to look at me. "Oh, no, it makes you look fat."

I love Diana. She had no qualms about anything, she was convinced that I was a part of the Hiddleston family now, and treated me like her own daughter. In a way, I was, or was going to be very soon. I stripped off the dress, standing there in my bra and knickers: "What next?"

"Um, this one, I think," she asked. I pulled in over my head. "Tom still out suit finding?" I asked. He had gone to a different place, just along the street. Sarah and Emma were with him. "Yes, I think so. Let's see this one on you."

She took one look at me and gasped: "Wow, you look beautiful." She steered me around by my shoulders to face the mirror. I looked over myself. "I like this one," I said, quite truthfully. "It almost makes me look pretty." Diana mock-slapped my arm: "Shhh, you are always beautiful." I took the dress off: "I think this is the one then."

I dressed and stuff and made my way up to the shop where Tom was. I opened the door and made my way to the counter. "Hey," I said, "Is Tom here?"

"Ahh, Tom," the guy said. "He's in the second dressing room. Do you know him?"

"I'm his fiance," I said, smiling. That statement still made me happy. I was given directions to the changing rooms, and I pulled back the curtain, slipping in. He was facing the other direction, "Hi Em. You've got the jacket...Kate!" he turned around, his eyes suddenly lighting up.

"Last time I checked, yes, that was my name," I said. He was wearing black suit bottoms and a crisp white shirt, sleeves pushed up, exposing his freckly forearms. "Em and Sarah are off finding something, not sure what." His hair was ruffled. "I didn't know that these things could be important, but according to Em, if it's not right, it'll be a 'total disater'."

"It won't," I instinctively slid my hands around his neck. He held his hands around my hips and pulled me in, touching our lips together. His hands roamed all over my body as he brought our bodies closer together. I pulled back very quickly for air, before kissing him again.

We were interrupted by the sound of the curtain being torn away: "Tom, I think we've -" it was Sarah's voice. "Oh." I jumped back from him instinctively: "Uh, hi."

Tom looked very sheepishly at his two sisters. "You two: we can't leave you together for a second. Even when we try and separate you, you'll be together," Emma said.

"Sorry," Tom and I apologised at the same time. Sarah laughed at us: "Come on Tom, we've got more jackets for you..."

A/N

HIIIII!! How are you? My English controlled assessment is done (sooooooo done) so I have time to write. Only one more chapter though.

Hope you're all having a lovely day too. I'm watching Wallander at the moment. :)

Loads of love, HiddlesLover1 xx