CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE

When Evelyn awoke the next morning, she hadn't expected Tom Riddle to be one of the first people she saw. As she left her common room, there he was, leaning against a wall with a cool smile, "good morning Evelyn," he called out to her.

Evelyn was taken aback by hearing his voice, particularly first thing in the morning, "what are you doing here?"

"No good morning for me?" He smirked at her, "that isn't like you at all."

"Well, good morning Tom, now," she tapped her foot against the cobbled floor, "what are you doing here?"

"I had a question for you..."

Evelyn rolled her eyes, "and it is?"

"How would you like to come to Albania with me?" He leant in closer to her, "we have some business to attend to."

"In Albania?" She furrowed her brow, "what could you want in Albania?"

"Well, that's part of the mystery, you'll find out in the Christmas holidays when you come with me."

She took a step back, "oh I'm coming with you now, am I?"

Tom closed the gap between them, "yes, you are," he breathed into her neck. "I'll see you at the train station." He gave her one last smirk before heading down the corridor and away from the Ravenclaw Tower.

With a trip to Albania looming, Evelyn knew she had to talk to Dumbledore. She had to tell him what was on her mind, she had to let him know

"Professor," she called out once she spotted him in the corridor outside his office.

"Evelyn," he nodded at her, "I believe we are overdue a talk." Evelyn smiled at him, it was though he had read her mind. "Do come into my office," he held open the door as Evelyn walked in, taking the seat opposite his desk. Dumbledore followed her closely, taking his seat behind his desk before helping himself to a liquorice lace.

"He's asked me to go to-" she began.

Dumbledore cut her off, "Albania, yes, I am aware."

"How?" Evelyn furrowed her brow, she had only found out about Albania herself a few moments earlier.

"Evelyn, I am aware of far more than you know." He took another liquorice lace.

She paused, wondering what else Dumbledore could possibly know. "What do I do?"

After finishing his sweet, Dumbledore replied, "you must go, Evelyn."

Although Evelyn planned on going anyway, hearing Dumbledore advise her was somewhat comforting. "And then what?"

"Then, you must do whatever he requires, you must assist him." He stated simply, "now, do get going, Albania awaits you." He ushered her out of the room with a smile, shutting the door behind her.

When Evelyn finished her lessons for the day, the began packing immediately. She wan't sure how long they would be in Albania for, but either way the Christmas holidays were the perfect chance to continue revising for her NEWT examinations at the end of her seventh year.

As the Christmas holidays drew nearer, Evelyn became more and more nervous about the endless possibilities of her trip to Albania with Tom. She spent the whole of her journey on the Hogwarts Express in a state of anxiety, unable to keep herself calm about the trip. Tapping her feet against the floor to the rhytmn of her heart, she read up on non-verbal jinxes until they arrived at Kings's Cross station.

Just as he had said, Tom was waiting at the train station, stood at the end of the platform, "glad you could finally make it," he rolled his eyes at the sight of Evelyn.

"I can't exactly go any faster Tom!" She exclaimed.

He rolled his eyes, "follow me, we're late." He pulled her than, dragging her into a dark corner of the station. When he was certain that nobody was watching, Tom's grip tightened on her hand, and he apparated.

When Evelyn opened her eyes, she was no longer in the station. "Where am I?" She asked when she finally laid eyes on Tom, stood a few feet away from her.

"Hurry, we can't miss our Floo Powder time, or else we won't make it to Albania."

"Floo Powder?" Evelyn questioned, but Tom had already left her. Spotting Tom walking further away from her, Evelyn sped up until she was close behind him, "I've never travelled by Floo Powder."

"I assumed so," he turned away from her and glanced over at the bar. "We're here to use the Floor Network?" He stated bluntly.

"Albania, is it?" Asked a cheerful elderly man behind the bar, when Tom nodded, he left the bar and led them toward the large, stone fireplace in the corner of the pub. "I assume you've both travelled by Floo Network before,"

"Yes," Tom stated, before Evelyn had a chance to respond. "I'll go first."

Tom stepped into the fireplace, taking a handful of grey powder in his hand, "The Wizard Inn, Albania," he dropped the grey powder at his feet, emerald flames engulfing him as he did.

"Not scared are you?" The barman smiled at Evelyn with a toothy grin.

"Of course not," her voice faltered as she spoke.

"In you go then."

Evelyn obliged, stepping into the fireplace with a nervous smile. She collected a handful of the power in her hand, "The Wizard Inn, Albania," Evelyn dropped the power and as the flames engulfed her, everything around her began to fade away.