Katara x reader realizations

Katara P.O.V

We had just arrived at the Northern Water Tribe. I looked around in awe.

"This place is beautiful." I say.

Sokka runs down to Appa's tail. "Yeah they are."

I turn around to see what he's looking at. I saw two beautiful girls, but one caught my eye. She had long wavy black hair, I've never been into girls but she, she was captivating.

"Tonight, we celebrate the arrival of our brother and sister from the Southern Water Tribe and they have brought with them someone very special, the Avatar." Chief Arnook announces.

Everyone starts to cheer while Aang smiles and waves at them.

"We also celebrate my daughter's 16 birthday, Princess Yue and Princess Y/n, they are now of age of marrying." Chief Arnook continued.

"Thank you father." Y/n says.

"May the great ocean and moon spirits, watch over us during these troubled times." Yue said.

"Now Master Pakku and his students will perform!"

After the performance, Y/n and Yue sat next to Sokka.

"Hi there, Sokka, Southern Water Tribe."

"Very nice to meet you." Y/n and Yue both said.

Sokka starts talking to them, but Y/n seemed so uninterested, so I left my seat to go sit next to her.

"Hey I'm Katara, it's very nice to meet you." I say.

She turns around and looks at me. "Hey Katara, likewise."

I stared at her in awe.

Wow, she's really pretty, I thought to myself.

"So is that boy over there your brother?" She asks, pointing to Sokka.

"Unfortunately." I sigh.

We laughed and started a conversation.

I've never felt like this before.

"So Y/n, do you have a boyfriend? Engaged to anyone at the moment?" I ask.

She laughs. "Haha no I'm actually lesbian." She says.

"Oh wow, really, that's nice," I awkwardly say. "Would have never expected that."

She giggles again. "Yeah, I get that a lot."

"DO YOU WANNA HANG OUT SOMETIME!" I blurt out.

She stares at me, eyes wide opened, shocked at my outburst.

"Um, sure," she responds. "I'd love to."

Y/n P.O.V

"Yue, you know that Southern Water Tribe girl, that I was talking to today?"

"Yeah, what about her?" Yue asks.

"Uh, well, we're kind of hanging out tomorrow."

"What! really that's exciting." Yue says. "Wait is it like hang out or hang out hang out." She winks.

I blush. "Um, I'm not sure, I don't think she's into girls anyways."

"Awe, come on, you never know." Yue says wiggling her eyebrows.

I laugh at my twin. We talked all night till we passed out in our beds.

Katara P.O.V

After Y/n and I did our activity we went into a shop for some food.

We started talking about our lives.

"How does it feel like being a Princess?" I ask.

Y/n looks up from her salad and looks at me. "I mean it's alright I guess, it's kind of hard trying to be perfect n all."

"What," I say. "But you're perfect, even though I just meet you like yesterday, you're beautiful, hilarious, caring, did I mention beautiful."

Y/n blushes.

What I didn't expect was that she leaned in and kissed me. I was shocked but seconds later, I closed my eyes and kissed her back.

She pulled away blushing. "I'm sorry about that." She says embarrassed.

"No, it's okay I kind of liked it."

"You're bisexual?" Y/n asks.

I think about it for a moment. "Yeah, I think I am."

We walked out the shop holding hands and smiles spread across our face.