8 - Great-Godchildren

The sun was shining through the cracks between the curtains. Sirius woke up in a familiar room. His old room. It was strange being in there again. It doesn't feel like it had been 12 years since he had last been in this house, but again, it still felt strange.

He got out of bed and opened the curtain. Letting light fill the room. It was weirdly comforting. He left the room and made his way downstairs. Nothing was stranger than the comforting feel of the house he once hated. He enjoyed the feeling.

Harry and Ginny were alone in the living room. They sat and talked with each other.

"Morning, Sirius." said Harry. He and Ginny smiled at him. They were happy to see him.

"Morning." said Sirius, "Where's your parents, Harry?"

"They're still asleep." said Harry with a big smile, "They'll be down in a bit."

   A boy with light brown hair walked down the stairs, rubbing his eyes. Sirius and the boy both froze at the sight of each other.

   "Woah! Who are you?" the startled boy asked.

   "I- I'm Sirius Black." said Sirius.

   The boys eyes grew wide and his hair changed to a bright teal color and Sirius looked shocked. He suddenly realized who the boy was.

   "Oh! Are you really? Harry's told me loads about you!" said the boy. Sirius smiled.

   "You must be Teddy, am I right?" asked Sirius happily. Sirius looked back at Harry and Ginny. They nodded.

   "Yeah. That's me." Teddy grinned. Sirius was amazed. He had the looks and personality of Remus and Tonks. It was crazy. It was like seeing Harry after he escaped Azkaban all over again.

   "You look just like your Parents." Sirius told him.

   Teddy laughed. He looked at the floor, then back up at Sirius.

   "Yeah, I get that a lot. I've seen loads of pictures of them. It's just a weird compliment to get, you know, when you can change your looks whenever you feel like it." Teddy told him. Sirius smiled. He really was just like his parents. Wether he saw it or not.

   "I think Al and Rosie look more like their parents then I do mine." Teddy added.

   Harry walked over toward Teddy by the stairs and Ginny went upstairs.

"I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that you're not packed yet." Harry laughed.

Teddy's eyes grew wide and his hair turned a bright shade of pink.

"Uh. I'll be right back." said Teddy as he ran back up to his room.

Harry continued to laugh.

"What does he have to pack for?" asked Sirius.

"He's going back to Andromeda's today. He stays with me and Ginny for at least a week or two every month. Even when he's not staying with us he'll come over for dinner pretty often.

"I understand him more than anyone else. Growing up without parents and all that. Andromeda, Ginny and I try to give him as much as we can. Remus and Tonks died almost month after he was born." Harry explained.

Sirius's heart felt heavy. Teddy only had a month with his parents? He and Harry have no memories of their time with their parents. Sirius knew Teddy was lucky to have such a loving family either way.

Just then, Ginny walked back down the stairs. She had Lily Luna in her arms.

"I'm letting them sleep in a little bit. Give them a few minutes." Ginny told Harry.