Chapter 12

Third Person's POV

A week after Alicia's first meeting with the villainess, a letter came at last especially addressed to her. Took her a week to write and deliver me a letter? What the hell is she up to? She thought as she slowly opens the letter. She cleared her throat ready to read what it says. Her parents and brother were eager to know who it was from and what it says, for this was the first letter she recieved besides the adventurer Harley and Rayven. (If u don't remember them, they were the guys Alicia stole the sword from, from chapter 3)

"Was it a love letter?"

"Who would dare give her a letter? I'll surely strangle them to death if I find out who it was"

"I'll beat 'em up to death if this was a love letter"

All of these thoughts belong to the three members of her family who are more eager to read the letter than Alicia.

"Dear Alicia-san..." she started and slightly looked at her family as she raise an eyebrow at them.

"I would like to apologize for delaying our meeting for a week, therefore, I would like to personally fetch you tomorrow between the time of 10, Sincerely, Madison Rose Vienna"

She folded it again and put it in her pocket, she didn't read the other personal stuff about their incarnation for it will cause confusion, good thing her parents didn't pry to personally read it themselves.

"She has a last name? Is she perhaps a noble?"

"Yes mother, I met her last week during the festival"

"I-I see, would it be alright for you to got with your brother?"

"I'm sorry Mama, but she personally asked me to go alone, besides, she's a trustworthy noble, she won't do anything to me"

She gave them a reassuring smile before she excused herself to her room. She picked up Kuro from the kitchen eating the cookies her mother made, and went upstairs to her bedroom.

She comfortably sat crossed-legged as she brings out the letter again and read the rest.

...I'm really sorry for not writing you earlier than I imagined, my parents grounded me for a week and stayed in my room to study and reflect, therefore, I'm not allowed to receive any guest for this week. And regarding your questions about the otome game, it's better if we talk personal. And please wear something decent tomorrow, I told my parents I'm meeting a female friend, so do consider wearing a decent dress.

'Haah? Is my clothes not decent enough? Is a dress suppose to be the definition of decent? I really don't understand how this world work' She thought as she releases a tired sigh. The good thing about waiting for the letter, she managed to fully control her fire magic and the next thing Kuro insisted for her to learn is his space and time skill. She again sighed and went off to sleep.

.
.
.
.
.
.

Alicia's POV

Finally, morning came by and what greeted me was my mother dragging me into the bathtub saying that we should not waste another minute. After my bathe, she again dragged me inside my room with Lena and Merida in there rumbling over a lot of dresses.

Wait...
Is my visit to a noble home that big of a deal?! What the fuck?

An hour passed by with the three busy dolling me up just for this stupid little visit to a noble home. And so, they decided on that what suits me best, the dress I wore during the parade, since I only wore it for like, 30 minutes.

They all then gave me a lot of advices like, behave, don't act reckless, smile genuinely, no talking about manly stuff, or adventuring and the lists go on...

What the hell is wrong with this people, it feels like I'm going away for months. Ghhhaaaaddd...

*siiiiggghhh

Lately, I've noticed that I'm cussing a lot more...Have I got back to my old habit again? No, no, no...I should really stop that.

And so, the time has come for Rose to come pick me up, but seriously, I could've gotten there myself. The eyes of the townspeople and the adventurers were glued to the arriving carriage as it stops in front of our house. The footman got off and head to the door as he slowly opens the door revealing Rose who was sitting elegantly with her polite smile, beside her was her maid, also smiling at us. Wow, I'm impressed, she really got the noble aura around her.

"Greetings Lady Madison Rose Vienna, welcome to Brittle town, I'm mostly grateful for your generosity to personally fetch me all the way here, may I request for you to rest for a bit in our humble home before we depart again"

I bowed down at her as she gets off the carriage. "No need to be so formal, Alicia-san, and I would gladly like to rest for a bit" she smiled brightly at me again as I show her inside the house. Damn, this formality is killing me way too much.

I introduced my family to her one by one even though she already knew all of them based on the game, including Lena and Merida who're fidgeting way too much. I heard that not many high-ranking noble people dare to visit this town unless if it's to visit the viscount. But normally, they just send their messenger and that's that.

We chatted for a bit when Madison wanted for us to depart now, I mean, we could just stay here and discuss about it but I guess she has other ulterior motives.

"Norma-san, I'll ask your question as to why I personally came here, I would like you to give permission for Alicia to stay with me for a week"

.
.
.
.
.
.

Eh?
Wait up...
Whhhaaaaa???!!!

We all gasped at her sudden proposal, what the heck is this girl saying?

"Can I ask what reason as to why you want to keep my daughter for a week?"

My mother, who was slightly nervous awhile ago turned all serious forgetting that she's facing a noble.

"I'm afraid I cannot tell you my reasons, but I assure you that she will be safe with me"

"I see... Then I'm sorry to say this but, I cannot let my daughter be involved with you anymore, please kindly leave"

She politely refused but she can't hide her irritated voice. Madison went silent for a bit, hut what surprise all of us was when...

"I beg of you madam, I know for a fact that you don't trust me yet but I'll do anything to agree with me! (Or else my parents won't let me learn swordsmanship again!)"

She bowed down at us, even her maid was taken aback at her lady's actions.

"L-lady Vienna, you don't have-"

"Please madam!"

"I-"

Mother was lost for words, this was the first time a noble has bowed to lowly people like us. Defeated, she took a long sigh and looked at me for an answer, I gave her a nod and a smile indicating that I agree.

"Then, Lady Vienna, I assure you to take proper care of my daughter"

"Thank you, madam"

*siiiiigghhh
What's up with this girl's mind...

_unedited