Amity wants to be a better mom (part 1)

It was a quiet Wednesday afternoon. Luz and Kenji were just chillin' right next to each other on the couch eating some snacks while watching some TV. Amity came rushing down the stairs as she got a text from Boscha. She hasn't seen Boscha in years, the text told her to meet up at the local bar.

*Luz's POV:*

I was focused watching the random kid show that was on until I heard something from the stairs. I turn around to see Amity. She was looking at her phone with the biggest smile on her face. "What's up?" I randomly blurted. I saw her head shot up quickly as she ran towards me. "Boscha and her friends invited me to hang out for a few hours at the bar!!" She said, holding my shoulders as the smile never left her face. I furrowed my eyebrows a bit. "Amity, you know how you get at the bar.." I said, being extremely concerned. "C'mon Luz, I haven't seen Boscha in 8 years. It still suprises me that she came to our wedding.." I heard her sigh. I looked down for a second and was deep thinking. "Alright, since you're my gorgeous wife, and an amazing mother, I'll let you have some girlfriend time. Just please don't drink too much." "Luz, I cross my heart and hope to die, stick a cupcake in my eye. I promise I won't be drunk." She held my hands. I looked up at her gorgeous golden eyes and nodded. "Love you, have fun." I gave her a little peck on the lips. I heard her giggle as she blushed. "Love you too Noceda, see you two in a few hours alright?"

*Amity's POV:*

Before I left, I quickly picked up Kenji as I hugged and kissed him on the top of his head. "Mommy will be back ok?" I looked in his beautiful brown eyes as he nodded back. I smiled as I gently placed him down. I walked up to the door, looking back at my family. Kenji crawled onto Luz's lap, waving at me. Luz looked at me smiling softly. My heart beated happily as I left.

It was currently 5pm, not a bad time I thought. I saw the bar as I was walking up to it. I walked inside as it wreaked like strong alcohol. It brought back memories when me and Luz used to drink. We obviously stopped around 20 years old. It was hard but we're glad we stopped.

I looked around still being in the entrance. I saw Boscha's magenta hair as I walked up to her with her group of friends. "Hey guys." I waved quietly. I heard Boscha gasped as she said "Amity! Long time no see!" She then hugged me. I quickly hugged back as my heart was beating rapidly, I wasn't expecting her actions to be so fast.

I sat next to her as a drink was in front of me. I thought it was water so I had a sip but almost spit the drink out as I tasted alcohol. I didn't know anyone was watching me until I heard Boscha say. "Hey, are you ok?" I never swallowed the drink so I quickly spat it back in the cup. "Yeah, I'm good. Wasn't expecting alcohol in the drink though.." I chuckled nervously. "Amity, you're in a bar, of course I ordered you are drink with liquor in it." I looked at the ground for a second as I looked back up at her. "I uh..i'll order myself a drink, though it is nice of you to get me one.." My voice went low as I felt embarrassed.

"Anyway, how's life been?" I heard her ask me. "It's been quite amazing. I love being a mother to Kenji." I smiled bright. She looked at me weird. "You're a mom? Since when? Who's the dad?" I stayed silent for a second to regain my thoughts. "We've had Kenji for a year, and there's no dad. It's just me and Luz." "Hm, that's cool.." I then saw her grab a lollipop from her grudgeby pocket, now talking with her friends.

"I hope Luz and Kenji are alright.." I thought in my mind as I looked at the drinks menu.

*Luz's POV:*

Kenji and I decided to go out for a bit. I brought him to the park and play with him. He even brought his favorite stuffed animal of an owl. I found it one time when I was going through Eda's closet.

I saw him running to the swings as I chased him. I swear this boy has changed my life for the better. I placed him on the baby swing as he giggled. I pulled back while grabbing the chains. "Ready big guy?" I looked at him and smiled. He nodded as I let go. He giggled again as he put his hands in the air. "Faster faster faster!" I heard him say. I gave him a few more pushes as his laugher grew.

Next he wanted to go on the biggest slide the park had. I saw him hold on his owl plush as we went down together. My grip on him softened as I didn't want him to go flying. "Again again!" He clapped. I nodded as we went on about 5 more times. He then ran around for about an hour before I saw him getting tired. As soon as I picked him up, he fell asleep.

I put him in his baby seat in the back. "I love you so much Kenji.." I smiled softly as I looked at him. I then closed the car door while getting in the driver's seat.

The drive was peaceful and quiet. The smile never left my face as we were back to the owl house. As I parked I heard some quiet baby sounds from behind me. I turned to see Kenji awake while still looking tired. He put his fingers in his mouth while looking at me with his eyes half lidded. "I know, I'm kinda tired too." I laughed quietly.

We were now inside as I picked up my son and brought him to his room. I placed him on the bed softly, his eyes closing again. "Goodnight bud." I looked at him one more time before I kissed his forehead and turned off the light. I quietly walked downstairs to watch some tv. I waited until Amity was home to go to bed.

I was gonna make this a big chapter but I think I'm gonna cut it into two parts. This was really fun to write! Be ready for part 2! :D