Chapter 15

Rejected

Sonic walked out of the school as he looks around to find Sally. Sonic then saw Sally standing near the school gate talking to a female ferret as he walked towards her.

"Hey Sally!" Sonic said as Sally and the female ferret looked at him.

"Hey Sonic!" Sally said waving her hand "Let's talk about again tomorrow okay?" The female ferret nodded as she waved goodbye to Sally and walked her way to her house.

"Sally, I was meaning to ask if you want to go to the park together. You know just the two of us" Sonic said as Sally smiled and nodded.

"Sure" Sally said as Sonic smiled widely.

"Great! Let's meet up at 5 pm okay?" Sonic said as Sally nodded.

"Alright, see you at 5 then" Sally said as she and Sonic walked their way back to their house's together while they talk to each other along the way. Amy saw Sonic and Sally walked together as she sigh sadly. Maria and Blaze looked at her sadly as Blaze put a hand on Amy's shoulder.

"Come on, let's go home" Blaze said as Amy nodded as the three of them walked their way to their house's together as always. Sonic arrived at his house as he took off his shoes and puts his bag on the couch. Tails walked out of the kitchen with a cookie in his hand as he saw Sonic.

"Welcome home Sonic" Tails said taking a bite of his cookie as Sonic chuckled.

"Thanks Tails" Sonic said as he patted Tails head making him giggle.

"So what do you want for dinner tonight?" Tails asked.

"Oh right Tails, I'm going to the park with Sally later so I might be home late" Sonic said as Tails nodded.

"Alright, so its only you and Sally at the park together?" Tails said as Sonic nodded.

"Yup" Sonic said as Tails grinned. Sonic raised a brow at Tails grinning at him "What?"

"Oh nothing" Tails said as he giggled and walked upstairs to his room. Sonic shrugged as he check the time. It was 4:15 pm. Sonic walked upstairs and into his room to change clothes. Sonic wore a red T-shirt, blue jacket but the sleeves has been rolled up until it reached his elbow and black pants. When Sonic was finished changing he walked downstairs and sat down on the couch watching some TV. He checked the time again and it was 4:19 pm. He still has few minutes before he goes to the park to meet up with Sally. Few minutes later, it was now 5:50 pm as Sonic grabbed his wallet and opened the front door.

"Tails! I'm heading out now!" Sonic yelled.

"Alright!" Tails yelled back as Sonic walked out of the house and close the door behind him. He then ran his way to the park really fast. When he arrived he looked around if Sally was already here but she isn't. So Sonic waited patiently for Sally to arrive.

"Hey Sonic! Sorry I'm late" Sally said as she walked towards him. Sonic heard Sally as he looked at her and his eyes widened as he blushed lightly. Sally was wearing a blue light dress with flowers designed that has different colors and a leather jacket since the dress doesn't have any sleeves and that Sally was getting cold.

"Wow. Sally, you look.....amazing" Sonic said as Sally giggled.

"Thanks Sonic, you look amazing yourself" Sally said as Sonic chuckled lightly and scratch the back of his head.

"Hehe thanks Sal" Sonic said as Sally smiled.

"No problem" Sally said as she walked into the park with Sonic by her side. The two just took a little stroll around the park while talking to each other. The both of them had smiles on their faces as they laughed a bit from time to time when one of them tells a joke. Soon Sonic stomach began to grumble as Sally giggled and Sonic chuckled a little and scratch the back of his head.

"I'm starting to get hungry, how about we have dinner at the restaurant near by" Sonic said as Sally nodded.

"Sure, I am getting hungry as well" Sally said as the both of them laughed a little as they walked towards the restaurant that was near by. Sonic and Sally walked into the restaurant.

"A table for two please" Sonic said to the waiter as the waiter nodded.

"Right this way sir" The waiter said as he escorted the two to their table. Sonic and Sally sat down on their table as the waiter gives the their menu "Are you ready to order sir and madam?"

"Yes, I'll have some egg salad, two chilidogs and ice tea" Sonic said as the waiter nodded and wrote it down "What about you Sal?"

"Hmmm. I think I'll have the omelette and ice tea please" Sally said as the waiter nodded and wrote it down.

"Alright, your food will be right with you in just a minute" The waiter said as Sonic and Sally nodded. The two talked to each other while they wait for their food to arrive. Few minutes later the waiter arrived with their food as the two of them starts to eat. When they were done, they walked out of the restaurant and saw that is was already night time. Sonic thought this was the best opportunity for him to tell Sally.

"Hey Sal" Sonic said as Sally looked at him.

"Yes Sonic?" Sally said.

"Can we go to the park again for a bit, I want to tell you something" Sonic said as Sally nodded.

"Okay" Sally said as the two of them walked their way to the park again. The two of them stopped walking when they were now in the park as they looked up at the night sky "The stars looks beautiful tonight huh"

"Yeah" Sonic said the two of then looking at the stars with smiles in their faces.

"So what do you want to tell me?" Sally said looking at Sonic as Sonic looked back smiling as he held both Sally's hands.

"Sally, we've been friends for a long time and we've apart for so long. Now I was able to see you again and everytime I'm with you or even near you. I feel so happy and warm inside when I'm with you. All I'm trying to say is that........I love you Sally, I really do" Sonic said with a bright smile on his face. Sally's eyes widened in shock hearing those words coming out of Sonic. Sally looked down at their hands with sad eyes.

"Sonic, I like you too but....I'm sorry, I just can't be with you" Sally said as she pulled her hands away from Sonic. Sonic frowned sadly as he felt broken that Sally didn't accept. Sally turned away and walked away from Sonic. Sonic watched Sally slowly walking away as he sat down on the bench looking down. Then a rain drop fell down into his nose as he looked up at the sky noticing that it was raining. He looked down at the ground again with his eyes closed and didn't even care that he was getting wet from the rain. Suddenly something covered Sonic from the rain. Sonic opened his eyes and looked up to see Amy holding her umbrella on top of her and Sonic.