Chapter 22

Tears streaming down my cheeks, I feel like someone has stabbed me in the heart. The person I loved the most in this world did this to me. I rush to my bedroom and slam the door shut. Scott must have seen me because Ace came running and banging on the door. Stupid me I forgot to shut the door and Ace came in when he realised it wasn't locked.

I took out my suitcase and started packing my things while sobbing. "Listen to me Ash, please give me a chance" Ace pleads. "A CHANCE!" I scoffed. I opened my wardrobe and grabbed my clothes. "Ash please don't leave me. It's not my fault" Ace says with fear and hurt. "NOT YOUR FAULT? YOU MADE JACK THE BAD GUY. YOU KEPT HIM AWAY FAR AWAY AS POSSIBLE FROM ME SO I WOULDN'T FIND OUT THE TRUTH. YOU KNEW THIS ALL ALONG. YOU KNEW EVERYTHING, YOU EVEN KNEW WHO I WAS!" I yell and sobb at the same time. 

"Please Ashley" Ace comes and hold my hand. I pull my hand away "don't touch me." I continue packing away my things and the I paused. "So this is why you never let Jack told me what happened in the past. This is why when we were coming home you said all you said. I thought that y-you loved me. Your just a lier" I say crying. 

"No Ash I do love you. Please don't do this to me." Ace says. "You said you loved me too" he continues while I pack my things away. "Yeah I said I did and I do but I never lied to you" I yell again. "You knew everything everything and you still played." I say the words killing me as I spoke.

I pack everything. I cleared everything up because I wasn't going to come back. I look over to Ace who was crying. I had never seen him cry like this, it hurt me because I love him but what hurt me even more that he didn't he lied. I grabbed everything and stopped by my bedroom door where Ace was standing. I went over to him and kissed him like my life depended on it. I kissed him like he was the last person I will ever kiss. Our forehead touch as we catch our breath. "Please don't leave me" he whispers. "Ace it hurts me to see you like this because I love you. I have never loved anyone like this before and I know I will never fall in love again. It is you. It will always be you. But you know what hurt me the most is that you don't love me -" Ace interrupts me.

"No Ash I do" He says. I place a finger on his lips. "Let me talk Ace. You don't love me that's what hurts me the most because if you did you would have never done what you did. You would've told me in the beginning and we would still be together. You broke me even more than before because you are the person that I love most in this world" With that I look into his deep eyes one last time give him a last kiss and head down the stairs. Ace comes running behind me and Scott comes down with a worried look too.

"Ash it's not what it seems like" Scott explains but I put my hand up to stop him and he stops. "It is exactly what it looks like" I simply said. Due to all the noise Emma, Lucy and Chris comes down too. "W-what where are you going Ash?" Lucy asks me with a concerned look. "Leaving Lucy. I am sorry I can't stay even if I try too. You guys were everything to me and you guys will always mean the world to me" I say while tears roll down my cheek.

"But Ash, why all of the sudden? Did something happen?" Emma asks me with a frown on her face. "Yeah something did happen and I don't want to talk about it. I will stay in touch with you Emma and Lucy" I simply say. "What about Ace then?" Chris asks me looking back and forth between Ace and I. "Nothing" I just say. With that I hug all of them except Ace and leave out of the door.

I take one glance back and I see Ace with tears freely flowing out of his eyes. He was crying. I got a cab and drove to Jack's house. Fate always catches up with you, like it did with me. It never wait for you it comes when it comes. I knew it, I just knew this would be a big mistake but all this still happened.

I arrive at Jack's house and ring the bell. Jack opens the door and he was standing with a concerned look at his face, shirtless. He looked at me and then at my luggage. I hugged him and sobbed. "Shh, it's okay" He comforts me.

"You know the truth?" He asks looking worried and I just nod. "Shit" was all he said. "You knew all this didn't you?" I ask. "I won't lie to you. I knew this the second I met you. The second you told me your name is Ashley and you are with Ace." he tells me. This explains it all. The day first day Jack told me that I shouldn't be with Ace. He was hinting me, all the fighting between Ace and Jack. It was all in front of me but I still didn't see it. "Why didn't you tell me before?" I ask him. "I didn't because it wasn't my place to do so." He simply replies.

"Is it okay if I stay with you for a while" I question. "Of course it is okay, are you crazy to ask this." he says. Jack leads me to his room where I had been before and sets my luggage aside. I sit on the bed and start breaking down. Jack comes and sits next to me and hugs me. I lay on his chest and I don't know when but I slept. I woke up still laying on Jack and he was reading a book.

"Do you feel better now?" He asks me. "I don't know Jack, I hurt really hurt. This sting won't go away." I sigh. "It will be better" He comforts me. "So now what will you do?" Jack asks me worriedly. "I will go to college tomorrow and tell them I am quitting" I say. "What you are dropping out of college?" Jack says shocked. "No Jack I am not dropping out. After that I will move to New York and start fresh. Away from everything. I am tired of running and fighting" I say." I- um okay" Jack says.

"Also will you do me a favour?" I ask hoping for a good answer. "Yeah anything" he says. "Don't tell anyone where I went. Just simply say you don't know and pretend to be worried and everything. I don't want anyone to know anymore." I practically beg. " I won't Ash. I won't" Jack says and I sigh.

Today I had to go to college. I hope I don't run into Ace because I don't want any drama. Jack drove me there and I went straight to the admin office. I made up an excuse to why I want to leave college and surprisingly they bought it. I was coming back when I ran into someone. "Oh sor-" I look up to see who it is. Ace. Oh just great I think to myself. 

"Ash please listen to me. Hear me out once" Ace pleads yet again. "Ace I don't have time, and I don't want to waste my time either" I say bluntly. "Ashley please" I just walk away leaving him stranded once again.

Authors note

Read ahead on patreon https://www.patreon.com/BismaJawwadSiddiqui

Follow and vote.

Thank you so much for all the reads :)