Chapter 26

It was the next morning, I woke up to see Jackson already up and reading a book. "Good morning Ash" he says smiling at me. "Good morning" I say as I stretch and get out of bed do my usual morning routine and all.

I noticed Jack acting very weird and everything the whole morning. Even through breakfast he didn't say anything, neither did he say he wanted to go out so I decided to ask him. "So you wanna go somewhere today" I ask Jack. "What?" he snapped out of his deep thought. "What is wrong Jack ? You have been acting weird and you look worried" I say with a concerned look on my face.

"I - you" Jack stumbled for words. "Jackson spill now" I demanded. "Ace found out about where you live and that I am here visiting you. Turns out that he was following me, he probably noticed" Jack says with a terrified expression and all the colour from my face drains out. "No no no" I start pacing back and fourth. "Seriously Jack I gave you one job to do and you couldn't keep this a secret" I say getting very mad. "Well it wasn't my fault he was following me like a creep" Jack tries to reason. I can't think straight anymore this isn't right. All this time I held myself from contacting Ace, distracted myself from him and everything that reminded me of him.

How can this be happening ? Not that I hate him, I can't ever hate him and I am still in love with him and that's the problem. "What now?" I ask Jack. "Does he know the exact location of where I live?" I ask. "No not the exact location but he is New York right now and if he can find out the city he can definitely find out where you live" Jack explain and I sigh. "we have to do something" I say and Jack nods. "You can fly back" Jack suggests. "No Jack, why do I have to keep running?" I snap at him and instantly feel guilty. "Im sor-" I begin but Jack cuts me off. "It's fine I know you're stressed" Jack says and pull me into a hug, I hug back and sigh.

I don't know what will I do now? I mean Ace is in the city but the city is huge right. There is no way he will find me. I don't know why but I am kind of relived that he hasn't moved on. That he hasn't given up on me. He is still fighting for me, I know I will always have a soft spot for him. No matter what I can't hate him. What he did was wrong very wrong and he will have to face the consequences but the thing is with him, I am facing the consequences too even though I didn't do anything.

I get dressed and ready to head out the door. I want to relax and find a distraction. Get out of the house. "Hey Jack" I say to get attention. "Yeah?" he takes his head out of his book and look at me. "get dressed and let's go some where" I say more in a demanding tone. "But Ash outside I- " he begins and I interrupt him knowing what is to come next. "Come on Jack let's go I know, but i can't stay hidden forever" I say sighing. Jack finally agrees and we head out the door.

I am not going to lie but I was slightly conscious of everyone around me. Jack and I went ice skating and had lots of fun. We later decided to go shopping, I needed new clothes anyways. I bought a couple of things. "Ash let's go homeee" Jack whines like a little kid. "Okay okay" I say.

We head home and I change into some comfier clothes. I head into the kitchen to make dinner but Jack stops me. "Let's just order from outside" Jack suggests. "Eh why not?" I say and order Chinese food for the both of us.

"Ash come sit on the couch with me" Jack says and I sit with him. "Yeah what's up" I say. "Ashley I need to tell you something. Something I have hidden from you way too long." Jacks says with a concerned look scaring me almost.He never calls me by my full name until and unless it's something serious, "Jack what's wrong you're scaring me" I say being honest.

"I-It's about the past" He sighs. "Jack tell me now" I order him to do so. "Whatever happened isn't Ace's fault. He once had a happy family too." Jack begins and I open my mouth to speak but he silences me. "Don't say anything. Just let me speak it took a lot of courage for me to tell you this today." Jackson says and I nod my head allowing him to speak.

"You probably know Ace and I were best friends, we were very close. Ace's father is a horrible person, he is the mafia leader" Jack says and I gasp. " We didn't know he was a bad person. Our families used to be very close, until one day Ace's mum suddenly died and later we found out she was murdered. This affected Ace very much. He wasn't himself anymore and then later we all discovered the truth about his father. Robert." Jack tells me and I just sit there in shock. 

"Trust me Ace was in a horrible place after finding out the truth. Ace changed a lot and then we weren't those best buddies anymore. Everyone started to look at Ace as the bad guy too just because of his father. My parents thought it was best if I stopped hanging around him, and then one day suddenly Ace disappears from that place. I tried searching for him but I never found him. Robert was the one who wanted your parents dead and well he got what he wanted. Ace found out what his father was about to do and he tried to stop the crash from happening but he couldn't. That's why that night he was there at the hospital because he tried everything he could." Jack stops to the bell ringing. It was our food he got up to get it. I just sat there and I don't know what to think. I am just numb.

Jack comes back and continues. "You know Ace's real name isn't even Ace it's-" "Ashton" I say emotionless. "Uh yeah" Jack looks at me shocked. "Listen to me Ashley. Nothing is Ace's fault. When I moved here and saw Ace I was shocked. Ace didn't want us to be friends because he was afraid you would leave him after knowing the truth. That night when we went out for ice cream, and I suddenly ran and drove like a maniac remember?" Jack asks me and i just nod. "Yeah that I told you that I saw some bad guys but I saw Robert's men. They are after you now. They know that whose daughter you are, and they even know that Ace is in love with you and that's why they want you dead too." He says and tears just spill out of my eyes. "Jack but, Ace should have told me. He shouldn't have assumed that I would leave" I say crying. 

"Yeah I know Ash, I know. After I came here and saw Ace, he was happier. He was happier with you and his other friends. He left his past behind until he found out that his father is behind you now. After you left to New York Ace came to me, to talk to me." Jack explains. "W-what?" I say looking at him confused. "Yeah, and he tried to fix everything with me. Explained his actions, explained that night. He told me about you and I told him at first that I know nothing about you and where you went. That was the first time I had ever seen him cry, like completely break down. He didn't even cry when his mum died." Jack pauses and takes a deep breath. "I told him you went to New York, but I said that he will have to find you himself" Jack confesses and I just look at him wide eyed. "You did what!" I half yell. "Come on Ash, I couldn't help it. He is my best friend and he already has been through a lot. He loves you Ash, more than anything." Jack says and pauses. "Do you love him?" Jack asks me. "Yes I do, so much" I say sobbing now. 

There was only one thing that was on my mind now. I have to find Ace.

Authors note

I am so sorry for not uploading, I have just been so busy but now I am back.

I hope you liked this chapter, follow and vote.

Can't believe there are only a few chapters left for this book