Chapter 24

The alarm rings, waking me up from my deep sleep. I groan and look at the time it's 5 am, NYU! I was pumped to go. I head into the bathroom to take a warm shower. I brush my teeth and washed my face. Did some quick skincare and headed back into my bedroom to pick an outfit. I decided to go with my black jeans and a white turtle neck long sleeves shirt, since it was quite chilly in New York. I applied some makeup and blow dried my hair. After that I curled my hair and let my hair open. 

I head into the kitchen and made breakfast. I looked outside my window while eating breakfast, the sun was rising and the view from my apartment was breathtaking. I would never get tired of this view. I finish my breakfast, grab my backpack and head out the door. I walk through the busy streets on New York. I plug in my earphones and listen to music. (Play music now)

I am completely broken from inside but I still put a smile on my face and take a deep breath and enter the magnificent building. I grab my schedule from the reception and start looking for my first class. I look around not being able to find my class when suddenly someone from behind me speaks up.

"Hey do you need help?" A really good looking guy asks me.

"Hey, yeah I am a bit lost" I say with a smile.

"Oh sorry, by the way I'm Ryder" He smiles at me and pulls his arm out for me to shake.

"Hey Ryder, I'm Ashley" I say smiling and using my real name for the first time, wanting to leave my past behind.

"Hey Ashley, here let me help you" He says kindly. He has a green eye color which is quite hypnotizing. He looks at my schedule then says. "Oh we are in the same class, come on let's go together". "Sure" I say and start following him through this maze.

After class I meet a few other people, who became my friends. There is Ryder, Josh and Stella. After school we went to a coffee shop to get to know each other and have a little fun. I am doing a lot better already.

ACE'S P.O.V

I head into the college building, where I would come with Ash. How after every class she would come to me and hug me as if it's been ages since we last met even though it would just be an hour of class. Everything seems shitty to me. I spot Jackson and head over to him, to ask if he knows where Ashley went. I tried searching for her but, I can't seem to do so. I tried calling her but it looks like she changed her number.

"Jack, where is Ashley" I almost growl. Jack was taken back my sudden outburst, but then rolls his eyes. "Ace I don't know where she is. I was going to come and ask you the same question" He says and I start to get more worried. "W-what you mean she didn't come to you" I ask. "Nope" he says popping the 'p'. 

I miss Ashley so much. Maybe she does not want to be found. Maybe she wants to stay away from me. After school I go straight upstairs, Lucy calls me but I ignore her. I was going to go to my room but instead I head to Ashley's bedroom. The sheets still smell like her, I lay on the bed and start crying pathetically. It's all my fault, I need to make this right. I will find Ashley and I will make it right. I will tell her how much I love her, how I need her like people need oxygen to breath.

Ashley's P.O.V

My first week at NYU was great. I was finally starting to heal, but I know I will never be able to fully heal. Ace. He has a part of my heart that he won't even give back. This didn't stop me from occasionally think of Ace, what is he doing? How is he? The ringing of my phone pulls me out of my thought. I read the caller Id, it was Jackson.

"Heyy" I say.

"Hey, how are you doing?" Jackson asks me.

"Yeah I am doing great, it's amazing here. I have my group of friends" I say catching him up on my life.

"That is great" Jack says. 

"So how about you? How are doing?" I ask him.

"Yeah, yeah. I am doing good. spring break is coming up" He tells me.

"Oh that's great, yeah my spring break is coming up to" I say. "I have an idea" Isay.

"Yeah?" He asks me.

"For your spring break, why don't you come here to NYC" I say gleefully.

"Really" he says flatly.

"Yeahhh" I say.

"Fine I think it's a good idea. I will book the tickets and tell you then" he says. We both become silent for a minute.

"So" I begin.

"Yeah" Jack asks.

"I - um" I say wanting to ask him about Ace.

"It's fine Ash you don't have to say it. He came to me a few days back to ask about you. He was searching for you everywhere" Jackson explains and my throat goes dry.

"So um what did you say?" I ask

"I said I don't know where you are. Then I said that I was going to ask him the same thing" he says. "Ace was a mess. He had dark circles underneath his eyes, he haven't been sleeping Scott told me. Scott also said he is always crying and locked up in your room" Jack says and tears stream down my cheeks. I wish I could go to him. I wish I could kiss him and tell him I am right here.

"Oh" was all I managed to say. "Um I gotta go, I have work to finish" I say.

"Yeah okay, I will tell you when I book everything" Jack says and with that I cut the call.

I start doing my work again to get my mind of Ace. After I finish my work I decided to watch netflix. 

Soon I was tired and I fell asleep.

Authors note

NGL I started crying myself. 

Read ahead on patreon https://patreon.com/BismaJawwadSiddiqui.

Follow and vote.