1

Techno was in the middle of a party. Not just any kind of party. It was a party full of royals, fancy people. People with wealth, a place in the world.

His father, Phil, had asked him to make an important announcement to the guests. And Techno, being the socially awkward person that he was, attempted to refuse.

It was too late. He found himself on a large podium in the middle of the massive room filled with about fifty people.

He cleared his throat in an attempt to get the attention of others. Nobody seemed to be listening.

"Excuse me.." He spoke with that monotonous voice of his. Soon enough, he got annoyed.

"WILL EVERYBODY PLEASE TURN YOUR ATTENTION HERE?"

Techno, for the first time in his life, had raised his voice. In front of people that he didn't even know. Perhaps he was too loud judging from the weird looks that he got.

Ignoring the tension, he got onto speaking about a group of people who had been raiding and causing conflict on smaller towns to the far east.

They were bandits. In other words, "thieves" as most people would call them.

He advised people to stay inside their homes and keep guard of their valuables until the whole situation had been dealt with.

- - -

The actual party started a little later into the night. People were drinking and talking amongst themselves which wasn't quite entertaining. At least for Techno it wasn't.

Searching around, he spotted a hooded figure among the crowd. For this kind of party, the man seemed out of place as he tried to pry his way through.

That's odd. He thought as he analyzed the man carefully.

He wore a light green hoodie and a mask that concealed half of his face, only showing his mouth. Surprisingly, instead of leaving through the front door, the man climbed up a set of stairs to where Techno and Wilburs rooms were located.

The pinkette took a quick glance on his father who didn't seem to notice the man at all. He quickly stood up, following after the hooded figure.

- - -

Techno had finally arrived at the second story of this large castle.

Almost immediately, he entered Wilburs room. Thankfully, everything was untouched. On the hallway to his room, he heard a loud creak of a door.

"God dammit." He muttered, barging into his own bedroom in the middle of the night. Although nobody was there, everything was a mess. Drawers and cabinets were left open, books and papers scattered all over the floor.

"It's kind of ironic, you know." A voice spoke up from behind him.

He didn't find it familiar. It surely wasn't any of the helpers. He would've been able to tell immediately.
"Telling people to lock their doors while you yourself didn't even bother to."

Techno took a quick glance behind him, not fully turning around to meet eyes with this stranger.

He felt a sharp object press against his neck. A sword, perhaps.

"Extremely looked up to, but also extremely flawed. What a king." The man said jokingly. Techno with his undeniably large ego, took an offense to that line.