5

Dream's PoV(?)
It had only been an hour since Sapnap left to hunt down Technoblade. He was concerned by the fact that he still hadn't returned.

"What are you doing?" George, a close friend of his, peeked over Dream's shoulder, observing the notebook he held in his hands.

It was his mother's journal, a very important part of his life. From his birth to present day, he had kept it safe in his hands.

She was fond of writing, the wideness of her imagination was certainly astounding for when she started out.

"Do you think he's alright?" Dream asked, glancing at his friend.

"It's Sapnap," George sighed, heading back inside the hut they had built for shelter. "Of course he's alright."

Dream was worried that he was either killed or captured. Between the two scenarios, he preferred the latter.

- -

30 more minutes passed and Sapnap still wasn't back. They hoped he was only taking long because of the travel.

"I swear," Dream stood, walking into the hut and slamming the front door shut. "If he doesn't come back in another 30 minutes, I'm going after him."

"You should. You're the one who sent him." George said, sitting on top of the table inside the kitchen.

"And he willingly went there."

"Should've went with him then."

Dream just rolled his eyes. He couldn't deny that.

Another minute passed, and the front door burst open. In came Sapnap, unscathed apart from the ashes and sweat.

He was in a fit of laughter as he sat down on the floor, fanning himself with his hands.

"Sapnap!" George's eyes lit up as he ran towards Sapnap, pulling him into an embrace. "Where the hell were you?"

"Don't worry, I just happened to come across someone special today." He said jokingly, brushing off the dust on his cheek.

"Someone special?" Dream asked.

Although it was obvious who it could've been, he still questioned it. But Sapnap, labelling a person with the word "special" , was something that Dream did not expect to hear.

Sapnap gave him a knowing look and smiled cheekily. And to be honest, Dream did not want to do this. He didn't want to keep this bandit reputation up.

"George? Sapnap?" He looked over at the two who were sitting beside each other having small talk.

"Yes?" The two said in unison, shooting a look at him.

Dream didn't say anything to them. The couple went back to talking with each other, worrying about him.

"Are we the bad guys here?" Dream asked and they immediately looked at him.

The answer was quite obvious. Of course they were. They've ruined lives of multiple people. Worse than that, they've taken lives of innocent people.

Dream didn't know why he still wondered. Maybe he was finally realizing he, no, they were wrong.

"What do you think, Dream? After the countless times we've stolen and... murdered, what do you think we are?" George stood up, walking towards him.

There was a long silence between the two. Neither chose to speak, and Dream didn't provide him an answer.

"Do you think we should stop?" Dream looked up at him, his hair covering the upper part of his eyes. The parted strands were the only thing that could indicate that he was looking.