8

"Oh, Niki! Thank god!" He chuckled, standing up and leaning against the hard dirt, staring at her.

Niki peered down at him, an unamused frown spread across her face.

She didn't do anything to help, but instead she dropped something down to him.

It was a small piece of paper, torn at the sides and the ink wearing out. The writing was barely readable, but it was familiar.

It was a list. A bucket list for that matter. A lot of odd things were listed on it.

tra el
f nd  my  b oth r
g t  b ck  h m
tak  c re  of  d  am
m the

That was everything on the letter, or at least, everything that Wilbur could make out.

The smudged out letters made them difficult to read, especially with the terrible handwriting.

There were different kinds of stains on the surface of the paper. Mud, grime, water and some other things that he rather not describe.

There was a small signature on the corner, untouched, undamaged.

'blade—'

Wilbur's eyes widened with surprise. This letter was written years ago. Ten years to be exact, as the date was written on the top left corner.

Wilbur wondered why Niki had this. He wondered where she had gotten the letter, or how she had even managed to find it.

Everything was so cryptic that it confused him. He didn't like the feeling forming in his gut.

"Where did you get this?!" He asked her, raising his voice so she could hear him.

Niki, however, didn't answer his question and instead, she left. Wilbur frowned once she was out of his sight.

He couldn't climb out of this pit. It was so deep that trying wouldn't benefit him and instead hurt him.

He felt lonely down there. He had nobody to talk to. He was a very talkative person, unable to go a day without social interaction.

It kinda sucked.

Wilbur barely cared about that, though. He just had to put up with this until Niki comes to help him.

If she ever plans on it.

— — —

TW // Mentions of Blood

Dream 3rd Person PoV
"Yield." Dream said, his axe laying inches from Tommy's neck as the blond sat on the ground, his arms and face covered with bruises and scars.

The two of them had been fighting it out for the past few minutes. Dream currently had the upper hand.

Tommy had an arrow stabbed into his arm after he tried to protect Tubbo when Dream shot the arrow.

It was painful as hell, but he had to endure.

His top priority was Tubbo right now. He didn't care how much he got damaged over this.

He had to protect his friend.

"Yield." Dream repeated, a lot more sternly. Tommy shook his head, leaning away from the axe.

Dream blinked, retreating his weapon. He stared down at the boy, a hint of disappoinment in his eyes.

"You're lucky I still have a little bit of sympathy," He waved his hand, picking up the axe and resting the handle on his shoulder as he held it in place. "If I didn't, you'd be dead right now."