2

"Dream- you-" Techno's words were cut short as shouting and screaming could be heard from below.

"Aaaand there we go," The man gave him a sheepish smirk, taking a sword and a lead from inside his bag. "You should give me more appreciation for being such a good distraction."

Before Techno could have a moment to even complain, he was pushed down on his bed, wrists tied to the frame.

The pinkette looked at him in shock, attempting to rid of what bound him to that single spot.

Surely, this can't get any worse.

It did. And he hated it.

Dream flashed him a daring smile as he walked out of the room, leaving Techno by himself, still very obviously unable to move.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck." He cursed at himself for being so vulnerable at one of the worst situations. He struggled against the restraints.

You motherfucker...

A gust of wind blew into his room. It was unusually warm. Enough to give him a slight sweat.

It was getting hotter each second.

Then he heard it.

Fire crackling from beneath his room as he laid there, motionless. He needed to free himself from this, but he had no idea how.

"TECHNO!" Quick footsteps pattered on the wooden floor, a cough resonating from the halls. All of the shouting had been drowned out by all of the debris falling onto the ground.

Wilbur and two other men entered the room. His brother was covered in ashes and sweat, holding his right arm.

This happened all because he got distracted so easily. If he hadn't followed after his friend, he could've avoided the worst.

He blamed himself. For everything.

The two boys undid the ropes on both his wrists, allowing him to now move freely. Techno refused to leave his room, though.

It was getting hard to breathe as the smoke rised high. Wilbur told him that at least half the residents have been evacuated from the castle in attempts to cheer him up.

"Techno, we have to go." His brother spoke, grabbing him by his arm and dragging him along. The damage on the upper floor wasn't too severe, thankfully. Just a couple of burned wood here and there.

They stumbled down the stares, careful not to trip over any of the stone and wood on the way.

Downstairs looked absolutely horrendous. Glass was shattered, tables and chairs were flipped over, and other objects were scattered all across the floor.

"Wilbur," He started, and Wilbur stopped to listen, still gripping his arm tightly. He wanted to tell him, about his sudden encounter with the man who had possibly caused this fire. "Leave me."

"Wait- what? No I can't do that. I won't leave you here." The older boy shook his head in disapproval. With the castle in it's current state, there was no doubt that someone could get injured here.

Or probably worse than that. Even death was possible. Either way, danger awaited them if they'd stay any longer.

Techno forcefully yanked his arm away, head hanging low, staring at the ground. Seems he was serious about not wanting to leave.

With a final warning and a loving embrace, his brother ran for the exit along with the two younger boys.

In complete honesty, Techno hadn't the slightest idea of what he was doing and why he was so persistent to stay.