3

The two of them arrived at a small village at the opposite side of a river.

Fundys house was well built despite the obvious lack of tools and materials in the village itself. The fox man told him to wait outside for a short while, saying he had some things to take care of.

Shouting could be heard from inside the man's home, arguing about their daily needs.

Fundy opened the door, coming face to face with Techno who was distracted by a bee flying around him.

"You can come inside now." He said, turning his back to Techno as he walked inside.

Techno followed him inside. To his surprise, Wilbur was there as well, having small talk with someone else inside the kitchen. He didn't seem to notice Techno's arrival.

"Make yourself at home. There's an unoccupied bedroom upstairs." Fundy waved him off, grabbing a backpack that was in the corner of the living room.

He's probably gonna go mining or something.

He stared, climbing up the steps into the second floor. It was much more spacious up here than down there. He didn't question further, though, as he was only a guest.

"Interesting..." A voice whispered into his ear, making him stand upright and hold a stance much more fitting for combat than this.

It was a man with dark brown hair. He was propped with a bow and a bunch of arrows inside a bag.

"Just how many of you live here..." He said, being less tense once he convinced himself that the boy wasn't an enemy.

"Not a lot," He replied to Techno's previous statement, which he had heard. The boy leaned up against the wall, plucking on the single string of his bow. "I'm Skeppy. You?"

"Techno."

The conversation didn't last long as Techno escaped towards one of the rooms near him. He wasn't good at conversating and he didn't want to either.

Nobody was inside the room when he barged in. At least he didn't manage to embarrass himself. Especially like that.

Taking a glance at his non-existent wristwatch, he plopped himself down on the bed, forcing his eyes to close shut.

The previous events still haunted his mind, and it would most likely haunt him for his entire life.

He needed to stop thinking about it before he toppled into pure insanity.

tap tap tap

Rocks were being thrown at the glass from outside. It was probably a bad move to even check up on it, all's well that ends well.

It was the man who had brought him here. Fundy, was it?

He was mouthing something, and he couldn't quite make up what it was but he definitely knew that the man was asking him to go over there.

He swiftly grabbed his sword and proceeded, preparing himself for any kind of danger.

"Did you want something?" Techno asked, scanning the trees behind Fundy.

"Do you like farming?"

- - -

And that question lead up to Techno farming for potatoes until sunrise. It was hard work, but it definitely worth seeing the whole field all to himself.

"Techno, what the hell?" Wilbur was standing a few feet away from Techno. He didn't seem to be heard or noticed.

It had been 7 hours since Techno had been in the fields. And the fact that he hasn't gotten a wink of sleep yet was very worrying.