Chapter 2: Sign Up!

Finally. It's summer.

I grabbed my keys and my wallet, "Bye Mom!" I yelled as I left.

I hopped in my car and drove straight to Dawn's house.

Today, we'd be picking up our sign up sheets to join one of the first ever Among Us Live Action Gameplays. Or AULAG.

I got out of my car and knocked on the short blue house. Dawn's little brother opened the door. I smiled down at him, "Justin, can you go get Dawn for me?"

He nodded and ran upstairs, shortly after Dawn came barreling down the stairs.

She was running a comb down her short, strawberry blonde hair, and almost knocked me over with a hug.

"Woah, Dawn, I can wait while you finish getting ready," I laughed as she slipped on shoes.

"I'm. Totally. Ready." She said between hops as she finished pulling on her shoes.

I smiled as she finished brushing her hair, throwing her comb on a desk. She pulled her jacket on and grabbed her purse. "See? I'm ready. Now come on!"

She grabbed my wrist and started dragging me to my car.

"Bye Justin!" I shouted as I opened the passenger side.

Dawn shut her door and grabbed out her phone, she checked her hair on her camera and I tried not to laugh. "You could've had more time if you weren't miss overeager."

"Oh hush. Just drive."

I turned on the radio and we listened to music as I drove. "Can you pull up the map? I think I know where to go, but I don't want to be wrong."
She nodded and I took a right turn.

"Okay, you take a left in half a mile."

The drive was uneventful until we were about 2 minutes out from the venue... Just to sign up...
"Wow..." Dawn said.

I found a parking spot that would make us have to walk about 3 minutes to the building, but it was the closest spot.

I grabbed my wallet and put my keys around my neck. "Let's hope they still have sign up sheets."
Dawn nodded and we kept walking.

Once we got inside, I was surprised how big the building seemed... I guess it would have to be to host a game like Among us.

This was the only venue they had for miles, so I hoped they'd have games still available.

We walked up to one of the desks that wasn't occupied and the employee smiled, "Are you here to sign up for a live action gameplay of among us?"

I smiled back, "Yes we are."

"Do we pay now?" Dawn asked.

The employee nodded. "Yes, that'll be $25 for each of you."

I grabbed my credit card and payed for both of us.

She reached behind her and grabbed 2 papers, 2 seperate packets and a pen.

She set the piece of paper in front of us, "So you just need to fill this out." She gave us each a paper. "These are the rules and instructions." She handed us each a packet. "Are you two both over 16?"

I nodded, "we're both 16."

"Then you'll need a parents signature at the bottom there in the grey area." I looked at the paper to where she pointed.

"Do we return these here after we're done?"

She pointed past us to grey mailbox looking things, "drop them off in those bins and we will randomly select a few papers each game."